What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

should a landlard with a plow truck clear the driveway?

we have about 6 inches of snow on the steps and driveway
there is a 80 yr old woman next doorin the same apartment building.
should the land lady plow and clear the snow from the steps?
please respond
Adam

what does your lease say? unless it says otherwise, your landlord probably isn't obligated to. of course it would be NICE of her to do so..

I would say no unless there is an agreement for them to do so. But then again, i don't live where it snows :)

Ask her nicely… :)

Legally, it depends on the lease, but it's a rare landlord around here who doesn't make sure driveways and so on are cleared. Thank the ambulance chasing personal injury lawyers for that.

my landlady hires people to clear the driveways.

i suppose you could ask your landlord. they could kill two birds with one stone. 1. get you out of your igloo and 2. make the property look more presentable.

would you be willing to clear the driveway for the landlord if he/she gives you a 20-30 dollar discount off of next month's rent?

I found my girlfriend outside last month unconscious on the steps from our landlord not clearing the steps. She spent the day in the hospital with a concusion. Landlord had to pay for hospital bills and the week she had to take off of work.
The landlord is supposed to take care of the property.

It depends upon the agreement they signed. If it were up to me, I'd just shovel it for her (the old lady) and get on with life. I can use the exercise anyway.

Ask her nicely… :)

this is exactly what my first thought was.

so, have you approched her about it or found out anything about the rules of your community?

I found my girlfriend outside last month unconscious on the steps from our landlord not clearing the steps. She spent the day in the hospital with a concusion. Landlord had to pay for hospital bills and the week she had to take off of work.
The landlord is supposed to take care of the property.

Oh wow that's horrible! I'm glad she's ok!

What's a landlard? Is that like a fat cat rental property owner?:scratch:

Landlard - a portly landlord.

Yeah, for real... she might be more willing to do you favors if you called her something nicer. ;) Sorry to hear about your troubles. Like the others said, it's all about what your lease has in it. If your landlord is supposed to maintain the grounds, then I think snowplowing might be a part of that, but it all depends.
~Joe

Back