What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

when nature attacks

lol turkeys are dumber than a box of rocks...............a guy down the road from here had a bunch that liked to roost on his car port and in the process made one hell of a a mess on his cars........he did everything he could think of to get rid of them.......complained to Fish & Game for months and they did nothing..........one day, shortly after buying a new truck his son comes in the door after taking care of the horses and told his dad the turkeys are back.......apparently this was the last straw as on his way out the door he grabbed a pistol......my boss happened to be over having coffee with him that morning and witnessed the finest speed pistol shooting he has ever seen...............no more turkey problem :grin:

I remember them being very elusive in Mississippi - we'd hear but never see them. They were reintroduced here (in the 70s, I think) and I'm convinced the birds were captured from the most certifiably stupid flock on earth. Kind of like the trout that are stocked - hatcheries raise strains of trout selected for being aggressive and not shy around people. Partly because it makes them easier to raise but also because any idiot who can drop a hook in the water can catch one and will keep buying fishing eqipment and licenses.

One well placed kick will do away with any turkey aggression problem.

Last edited:
gah!!!

i am petrified of ALL birds!!! i dont think they're dumb. they're mean creatures. they can sense fear, and once they smell that, they will stalk you.

when i lived in the philippines, my grandpa had a bunch of turkeys. he kept them in a big cage. i was always amazed at the way the turkeys would get all bulky and puffy when they gobbled or when they got angry. so, i found a stick and started harassing them with it (i was 10 i didnt know any better). i figured, the turkeys wont be able to attack me. afterall, they're in a cage. of course, they gobbled and got angry.

somehow (i dont know how this happened) they turkeys got out of the cage. they escaped. the biggest turkey started walking towards me, it was staring at me and its was gobbling in a very angry way. i slowly dropped the stick, slowly got up and ran. the angry turkey started running after me. that thing chased me for like, 10 minutes (maybe it was shorter than that but it felt like it). i was so scared, i started crying and i peed my pants. so, i eventually got in the house. locked the door and sat in a corner.

Does that experience make Thanksgiving more or less enjoyable?

the turkeys around here have more or less always been here. never re-introduced just started expanding their range to where it originally was from west of here...................ive never hunted them but a friend of mine has.........after reading about them and how elusive the dang things were supposed to be....he didnt figure he stood a chance on getting one......5 minutes of the the first day of the season he started calling one and had to shoot the thing in self defence before it ran him over looking for the tom that invaded his space..............guess if no one hunts the dang things they are dumber than hell.......few ppl around here hunt them after their first time out.............for one its to damn easy and for another they dont taste half as good as a store bought one.......its one of the few critters ill take store bought over wild............

I love this part:

The following day, Feb. 23, Zitani was pursued and attacked again, presumably by the same group of turkeys.

The part about the cop getting teased by his fellow officers about being attacked is also pretty funny, in a sad clown kind of way.
~Joe

jiana54, i should introduce you to geese. Hehe.

Back