What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what a bunch of BS

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
It was a playground mom and a playground dad.

Well, I can totally see why she's angry. I'd be a little angry. Keyword a little. I wouldn't get pissed or anything.

It's kind of promoting the military to children and not everyone is into that. Kind of like "You can play now but when you grow up join the army!"

SOMEONE is going to get pissed about SOMETHING at every opportunity. If it was a statue of Reagan, someone would say it's promoting the republican party. Clinton, democrats. If it was a giant sausage statue, someone would say it's promoting the "Gay Agenda". If it was a Easter bunny, promoting Christianity.

You know I was thinking, how I'd have a problem with this but not against having an abortion clinic or a head shop across the street, then I decided it's best if I just stay neutral. Don't flame me, I'm Sweden.

lol I read your post JLAP and I was just thinking of different weird statues and how they could offend folks- a cube would be "too Islamic", a simple column could be "phallic" and obscene, a plain ol' sphere would be- ummm- well, like you said, it'd get someone all hopped up

Funny post, but mostly cos it's true ;)

Auctually you won't believe this. We have a giant sculpture in our city that is an obelisk and it's nicknamed the "Big marble sex toy' except we say what kind of sex toy lol.

Across the street, there's a big water sculpture and from air, it's triangle shape with the obelisk pointing toward it, so it gets another name :)

So yeah you wouldn't believe how 100% correct you are.

EDIT: HERE IT IS!
http://jasper.georgia.gov/vgn/images/portal/cit_1212/9943303Jasper---pickens-county.jpg

:cuss: NO GIANT SAUSAGE STATUES :censor:

What a joke. Buzz off soccer mom and go to hell.

JLAP- Is that a statue in that pic or are you just happy to see me??

Back to the original topic, I would oppose the statue too and it has nothing to do with whether it includes a gun or even a pile of dead Iraquis at his feet. I think there's something twisted about the US's increasing obsession with memorials. The US lost more than 400,000 soldiers in 20th Century wars and I'm not aware of very many statues. Probably because people knew there were more important things to do. While other nations invest in their future, we're busy casting statues. On the other hand, maybe it's to be expected in a nation where every kid in the soccer league gets a trophy.

hey, it sounds like the guy died a hero. it's nice of his community to want to memorialize him. but does it have to have a gun, and be right next to a playground? why normalize little kids to that kind of stuff?

Mabudon, that statue isn't an accurate representation of me. This forum has a size limit for photo's :)

Oh I'm bad.

Presto, I TOTALLY see your point but one could say it's nothing worse than daytime television that features nonstop sex drugs and violence. Just look at Jerry Springer, which should be on right about now. I gotta go!

I think the statue should be allowed.The county raised the money and more people support it so why not!I think a lot of people don't realize what our soldiers go though,all the past wars to keep this country free!Just my 2 cents.You don't want me to get started because when I do I will surly get baned!

Jerry

I understand your position and used to agree with it. But now I think money is wasted on war memorials. A decade from now, tens of thousands of veterans who served in Iraq & Afghanistan will be living in poverty. But maybe they'll be able to get a little shade from a statue, unless they're too disabled to reach the park.

Back