What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick Question for Pacific NW Growers

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
Hey all, I've got an easy question for growers in temperate Pacific NW regions. Is it spring yet? More specifically, I'm eager to move my hardy tropicals and subtropicals outdoors for the summer, but not sure if another frost is likely. Here in Olympia, WA, the last frost was over a week ago, and we've had some daytime temperatures go as high as the low eighties. Last night it was in the upper fifties well into the evening. What do y'all think? Can I confidently move my more durable/expendable plants? My house is overflowing with D. capensis, rubber trees and Norfolk Island Pine.
~Joe

Hello Seedjar
I live south of you near Salem OR. and I think it is still too cool at night to risk bringing your plants out. I usually wait until the first of may. Goodluck! Jack

Hmm... I guess I'll wait a little longer then. I think it's a bit warmer here than down in the Willamette Valley, if only for the breeze off of the Sound, but May sounds reasonable. Thanks for the input.
~Joe

Back