What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don't understand!!!!!

• Thread starter FarmerDave
  • Start date
Ok, this morning I woke up like it was any other day, but when my dad saw me he said, "what's that on your chin?". So I decide to look at myself in the mirrior, and I am absolutely horrified!!!! I have this huge splotch on my chin that looks like some 3 lipped alien gave me a hicky. I'm kinda scared and unhappy because I have to go to school tomorrow and show up with this thing on my face :-( , and I know that everyone is going to look at it and ask what happened :0o:
I'm also starting to wonder if this has anything to do with my staff infection. I've been having a staff infection since early May of last year and it still hasn't gone away :-( . I'm having another outbreak on my leg, and even though I have become somewhat numb to the pain, it just seems to get in the way. So tomorrow I'm going to go to my dermatologist and get some stronger antibiotics and have them take a look at my chin to see what's going on with me, as well as maybe have them inject my 'bald spot' with somemore growth hormone so that maybe it will finally go away.
I'm basically the sickest kid at my school, even though I haven't missed one day yet. And I'm beggining to think that I'm going to expire early due to a lot of my sicknesses :-(
I'll try and post some pics later.

Maybe it's just typical teen acne?

it not acne though, it looks like a bruise.
here's some pics:

David002-1.jpg

David001-1.jpg

and here's some of my infections.
Current: Just popped up yesterday

David003-1.jpg

and scars:

David004-1.jpg

Time to visit the Dermatologist!

Looks kind of like the superman logo.

Did you accidentally do that thing where you tense up your face and squeeze your chin as hard as you can with you hand?.. like while you were sleeping.. because that seems to make the same mark. And i don't think any right minded person would do that on person.. though I've heard some do..

well the thing is that it's not a bruise, and it doesn't hurt.
It's basically a strange hicky, so I wouldn't have noticed it if it weren't for my parents pointing it out for me.

Jimscott, yeah I visited the Dermatologist (aka my grandpa) and he didn't know what it was. In the mean time I had my head injected.

all the people at my school were wondering if my parents beat me or something like that.

Nothing says lovin' like an injection in the head. That's what my grandpappy used to say back in '96.

Just kidding. http://www.peacehealth.org/kbase/frame/aa610/aa61069/frame.htm

Sorry you are going bald. My hair was thinning due to my thyroid hormones I gotta take so then I went and got some 5% minoxidil Rogain and a script for Propecia and that stuff really helped me a lot.

It's a dang succubus! That's what I say.

You got tree fiddy?

Last edited by a moderator:
lol
yeah, I don't think that I have any of those, because I didn't hit anything at all on saturay, especially on my chin. And even if I did somehow hit my chin, the object that caused the bruising would have had to wrap it's self around my chin.
yeah, I'm not scared, except for the thought that it might remain there for the rest of my life.

yeah, having my head (bald spot) injected does suck, not because of how it looks and because people can see it ( because they can't see it. I grew my hair out to cover it.) But because Of it's location. Right on the temple. So every time it gets injected I feels like someone is pressing a pencil ( eraser side) against my temple.

Get checked for lupus.

You should probably get checked into the hospital, so you have a better chance of getting rid of that infection. More time with the doctors = better chance of getting healthy.
staff infections can usually be ridden with the proper treatment, but they can be very serious if not.

My best wishes go out to you

-Gabe

Thanks!! Yeah I have a raging staff infection and because antibiotic treatment with Cephlex has not killed it yet I'm being put on leviquen.

Yeah I think that I have Sepsis

Yeah, I'm concerned because one of my friends in 5th grade got Toxic Shock and she was hopitalized. She was treated and it eventually went away though. Hopefully that new med should do the trick :) Once it's cured the marks will probaly dissapear with treatment and time.

-Gabe

You sure do get sick a lot. That in it's self could be an symptom of some autoimmune disease. It's really not normal to stay sick all the time.

Oh yeah, this reminds me. Everyone's favorite lovable maverick drug addict doctor comes on tonight.

Lupus is an autoimmune disease. It's often characterized by hair loss and skin rashes - a "butterfly" skin rash on the face is very typical. People used to think the "butterfly" rash looked like wolf bites which is partly where the name comes from.

www.lupus.org

Back