What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mythbusters

• Thread starter zappafan
  • Start date
This isn't mythbusters, it's some conspiracy site

Disinformation

About Disinformation
Date: Friday, April 25 @ 14:44:27
Topic

Launched on September 13, 1996, Disinformation was designed to be the search service of choice for individuals looking for information on current affairs, politics, new science and the "hidden information" that seldom seems to slip through the cracks of the corporate-owned media conglomerates. Ironically, it was funded by one of the largest media companies in the world (TeleCommunications, Inc. (TCI), now part of Comcast), who paid for placement on Netscape's then ubiquitous search page.

The site drew immediate attention and (usually) applause from the very same news media that it was criticizing as being under the influence of both government and big business, but the honeymoon was short. Some three weeks after launch the CEO of TCI learned of Disinformation and immediately ordered it closed down. Needless to say, the founding team managed to keep the site going and it has evolved into the largest and most popular alternative news and underground culture destination on the Web. At the height of the dotcom boom The Disinformation Company was acquired by one of the high fliers of the so-called "New Economy", Razorfish; when the bubble burst so did Razorfish and today The Disinformation Company is independently owned with offices in New York City. In addition to this site, The Disinformation Company also has thriving publishing, television and home video divisions.

While many of our projects are deemed 'liberal' or 'progressive' that doesn't mean we close our minds to ideas that are called 'conservative' - far from it. How can someone be truly well informed with only half the story? In the years since we launched the site in 1996 it has gone through several design and editorial changes, evolving from a specialized Web search directory to an original content (text and video) destination to the current format of the most important daily news and information links carefully selected from the "noise" that clutters up the web. The site also has a deep archive of opinion and editorial articles featuring original Disinformation interviews and reporting, plus community areas for users to find other users (a/k/a the personals), post comments and chat about the issues presented on the site and other topics of importance to our community. We also welcome your feedback and of course encourage you to load up on Disinformation goodies in our store.

CONTACT INFO:

Send your comments, questions and suggestions here.
Please direct all advertising inquiries here.

Mail should be sent to:
163 Third Avenue, Suite 108
New York, NY 10003

CREDITS:

Gary Baddeley - President/CEO
Ralph Bernardo - COO
David Samra - Marketing Director
Alex Burns - Site Editor
Russ Kick - Editor at Large
Nimrod Erez - Director of Visual Media
Maya Shmuter - Designer
Jacob Rosette - Designer
Liz Lawler - Executive Assistant

TECHNOLOGY:

Technology infrastructure for the disinfo.com website and user-services provided by Terabolic, Inc.

This article comes from Disinformation
http://www.disinfo.com/site/

The URL for this story is:
http://www.disinfo.com/site/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=4

Some Things We're Not Supposed To Know

- The first genetically modified humans have already been born.

- Hitler’s blood relatives are living in the U.S.

- The CIA commits over 100,000 serious crimes per year.

- The U.S. planned to explode an atomic bomb on the moon.

- An atomic bomb was dropped on North Carolina.

- The main hero of the movie Black Hawk Down is a convicted child molester.

- One of the Popes Wrote an Erotic Book

- Kent State wasn’t the only massacre of U.S. college students during the Vietnam era.

- Many of the Pioneering Feminists Opposed Abortion

- The World's Museums Contain Innumerable Fakes

- The Government Can Take Your House and Land, Then Sell Them to Private Corporations

- Carl Sagan Was an Avid Pot-Smoker

- The Suicide Rate Is Highest Among the Elderly

The pope and the erotic book one is the best.

The only one I knew about was the atomic bomb that was dropped in North Carolina.. it was a dead one but still, lol.

Err.. what's this have to do with MythBusters?

I used that name because it readily came to mind when I thought about how it really relates to the website.

Looks like a bunch of paranoid crackpot theories to me. You calling this thread mythbusters is pretty misleading. Maybe Disinformation would be a better name since that's the name of the website?

Or maybe I'm just one of the sheeple blinded by the government while I inhale the vapors of chemtrails and prepare to accept the mark of the beast from the genetically altered lesbian feminist Freemason abortionists?

I honestly read your signature links just now. There are some of the things I found in savethemales.ca I can supply links If anyone wants.

"Men -- steer clear of any sexual relationship where you are not in charge."

"Contrary to what we have been taught, women need constantly to be possessed and spiritually fertilized by man's love. Similarly men have a fundamental psychological need to possess a woman with his love."

This one is REALLY good:
"Women need to be competent in the world, but the feminist quest for equality that everyone supports, is in reality a cynical front for a devastating attack on heterosexual institutions (fatherhood, motherhood and the nuclear family.) The elite always uses fronts to manipulate events. Feminists think they are rebels when in fact they are mostly unwitting pawns of a powerful secret elite centered in the Rothschild-Rockefeller-Morgan empires."

Check this homophobia out:
"Homosexuality is a developmental disorder defined by the failure to establish a permanent bond with a member of the opposite sex. Psychologist Richard Cohen, in "Coming Out Straight: Understanding and Healing Homosexuality" (2000) argues it is caused when a male child fails to bond with his father. By having sex with men, the adult gay is trying to compensate for father-love denied in adolescence."

Really dude? I must be one screwed up fag because my dad is like my best friend dude. I love him to death and he doesn't give a damn if I'm gay. It was never really an issue. Maybe if he sent me to a brainwashing heterosexualization camp I'd be a real man. Hey, if it really is a developmental disorder can I have one of those disabled person's liscense plates so I can get a good parking spot when I go to the men's bathhouses?

See, how can anyone take you seriously if you spread stuff like this? And provide links to sites that spread hate and crackpot (or maybe crackhead?) conspiracy theories about the Jews and the Illuminati? The rockefeller-morgan empire? Really?

Can you at the very least see how other people might not put very much credit into this kind of stuff, especially given the source? Come on this stuff is just crazy zappafan!

Excuse me. I've suffered from a crazy overdose. I need to go puke.

"exposing feminism and the new world order"?

.... you ARE kidding, right?

- The CIA commits over 100,000 serious crimes per year.

Duh.

- Kent State wasn’t the only massacre of U.S. college students during the Vietnam era.

Duh.

- Many of the Pioneering Feminists Opposed Abortion

And?

- The World's Museums Contain Innumerable Fakes

This one goes without saying...

- Carl Sagan Was an Avid Pot-Smoker

Well I didn't know this, but I'm neither amazed nor surprised at the conspiracies surrounding this one. Almost everyone was an avid pot smoker at some time or another! Or... At least they should've been.

- The Suicide Rate Is Highest Among the Elderly

As are the elderly STD rates.

I would flip through one of those books just for the sake of reading what sort of crackpot stuff they have. But I would never take any of it seriously, nor would I ever buy the book. I might see what the library has one of these days... but probably not.

Really dude? I must be one screwed up fag because my dad is like my best friend dude. I love him to death and he doesn't give a damn if I'm gay. It was never really an issue. Maybe if he sent me to a brainwashing heterosexualization camp I'd be a real man. Hey, if it really is a developmental disorder can I have one of those disabled person's liscense plates so I can get a good parking spot when I go to the men's bathhouses?

LOL. That's a rant that I like to see, Clint!

xvart.

Last edited:
F.Y.I, the term mythbusters is most often used to refer to the popular show on the Discovery Channel of the same title. Hence the comments like "This isn't mythbusters, it's some conspiracy site"

Or maybe I'm just one of the sheeple blinded by the government while I inhale the vapors of chemtrails and prepare to accept the mark of the beast from the genetically altered lesbian feminist Freemason abortionists?
Wait a minute ! I didn't know they were genetically altered ! Holy Crap now that's gonna change my mind without a doubt.

Definitely not in total agreement with this site, nor am I very shocked at the content. Some of the stories are for real, though - there are court documents backing up the Black Hawk Down story. Bor the most part, the stuff there blown out of proportion - it seems a lot like buzz media to me. Genetically engineered humans, for example; if I'm not mistaken, they're simply referring to children who've undergone invitro gene therapy. Not exactly an earth-shatter revelation, considering gene therapy has been in the news since the late 80s, before it was even a proven technique. Anyone else notice that this site is affliated with the CBC?
~Joe

F.Y.I, the term mythbusters is most often used to refer to the popular show on the Discovery Channel of the same title. Hence the comments like "This isn't mythbusters, it's some conspiracy site"

And what a great show it is. I would love to be one of their assistants, even though they usually get the crappy myths to bust while the two main guys get all the truly cool stuff.

xvart.

Henry Makow, is the inventor of the board game Scruples, and the author of A Long Way to go for a Date. He received his Ph.D. in English Literature from the University of Toronto in 1982 and lives in Winnipeg. He welcomes your feedback and ideas at henrym@mts.net.

Visit Henry's web site at http://www.savethemales.ca

Henry Makow is Jewish, is he anti-semetic Jlap? You forgot to mention how you quoted excerpts out of context, which taken in entireity, the article explains itself without interjected or inserted bias by the author alone. Yes, some theories are not plausible, others such as the control of governments are very real. Try to stay off of the rabbit trails because there is a lot of truth in "some" of those theories. Not everyone is crazy (and they should not be inferred as such) just because some people believe other arguments they hear. By the way since you brought up Jews, besides their being two types ethnically( sephardic and ashkeNazi), there is the orthodox(Torah/Bible) believing Jews vs. the Kabbalistic(Talmud/Babylonian freemasonic ) Jews. In other words Good Jews have usually been killed. Am I anti-semetic? No, I am not, I understand the two distinctions and how the Kabbalists (Rothschilds) have killed good Jews (Germany/holocaust) and in essence martyred themselves and protected themselves from slander(ADL). Good guys lose on this earth, try to read your Bible more. The Bible has always said it is a spiritual war on this earth.

Taken out of context? How is that? Either it says those words or it does not, am I wrong?

Here are just a few excerpts from various articles on that site. I won't take more than one except from each article, because I'd probably crash the site.

I've said this before but it's more true than ever. A satanic cult (Illuminism) is undermining our family identity to render us isolated, childless, sex-obsessed, dysfunctional, and docile.

I am referring to the Masonic Rothschild-Rockefeller cult-cartel which runs Europe and America and is behind Communism and Feminism. Destroying marriage and family was a plank of the Communist Manifesto (1848) and now is part of their satanic NWO.

Jewish satire often sends up Christian society, in the same way that homosexual culture often is a parody of heterosexuality (i.e. gay marriage.) They have a vendetta against what is healthy and normal, and make alienation and perversity the norm instead. (Seinfeld was mostly clean and genuinely funny, but it did celebrate trivia, narcissism and neurosis, though ironically. Borat is another story.)

Gradually, we are transformed into better slaves by the education system or into slugs or demons by the mass media. A malevolent occult force controls us with lies. Elite Jews play too great a role in this process and in manipulating and suppressing the truth.

Sooner or later we will have to recognize that the central bankers and their allies have organized a diabolical conspiracy against mankind. Human events only make sense when we realize disciples of Lucifer are establishing a global regime dedicated to their evil god. I know this sounds too bizarre to be true. They count on that.

Why are they trying to give the Jewish genocide a special status above all others? Victimhood bestows a certain power and prestige on Jews who occupy prominent places in the New World Order. This makes them and the new system immune to criticism or resistance. The Jewish holocaust also justifies WW2 and Zionism.

In these terms, society has become more homosexual because heterosexuals fail to permanently bond due to social engineering e.g. the "sexual revolution," fe-manism. Normally, happily married heterosexuals put sex in perspective and focus on more important things.

You know what? I'm getting tired of copying and pasting this crap, so instead now I'll paste just a small sample of some of the hate-filled articles to be found in that lovely little hell-hole. I mean website.

Why Jewish Bankers Love Anti-Semites
Feminism Deprives Girls of Father's Love
Bankers Are Behind The "Counter" Culture
The CIA Created the Drug Culture
Women Look to Men for Leadership
Is the New World Order "Jewish"?

He's a nutjob dude. He's a horrible person. He's just so wrong in everyway about everything, do you really believe in his sexism and homophobia, much less his crackpot occult theory? If you do, I'm sorry for ya man.

I am okay because I am not pushing the left vs. right divide. What are you parroting? I did not lay bait by calling or inferring you crazy? If you want to debate I will not further comment. Right and Left is the old maxim divide and conquer. I am not conservative or liberal (and that does not make me centrist by default) so how am I parroting either. Labels are how people confine you to a box and ascribe to you what you should believe. I explained the two systems of belief warring in the entire world Christian/orthodox Jews vs. Kabbalistic/freemasonic elite( of which some are Jews, not all). How am I pushing hate for your homosexual agenda? Is this not my right to Free Speech Now? Nevermind, rise for the flag salute.

No, you're pushing links that advocate homophobia and sexism. What am I parroting? How about equality?

By the way I edited it out when I asked you if you were OK because I didn't want to get inflammatory. So that's why what you say doesn't match to what I said if anyone is wondering.

By you asking me how you push hate for my homosexual agenda, you just answered your own question.

As far as free speech, I'm ALL for free speech. Say WHATEVER you want is my opinion, but it's also my free speech to refute and criticize what you say and what makow says , as it is your freedom to do the same to what I say. I am in no way shape or form limiting your free speech. Say what you want, and so will I. I won't get inflammatory though, mods :)

I will apologize for calling/implying you are crazy. I'm sorry for that. That was small of me. I'm also sorry you aren't willing to back up any opinions featured in that website, especially since it's in your signature.

Don Imus can talk a little about how free speech works, these days. Anybody can spout hurtful, disgusting hate-speech all they want by the laws of this country, but then they have to deal with the fallout.

Free speech is NOT entirely free... hate and intolerance come at the cost of respect, and there's no government in the world with the ability to change that.

If you really understood that website it is simple. Being gay or a feminist destroys potential children and families from occuring. It also undermines the Christian principle of a man being a godly example and spiritual leader of his home. That website is really just an expose. I mentioned your homo agenda because you mention it constantly in a personal way. What I post gives the person an option of going to the website and leaving or not going there. What you post has subtle content innuendo and not so subtle innuendo. You are a preacher as well. Please be pro-everything, I will not.

I assume the "zappa" in zappafan is referring to something other than Frank because he spent his life trying to blow up the kind of narrow-minded nonsense in that last post. Homo agenda? Do you mean the agenda about just letting homosexuals live their lives with the same rights and responsibilities as anyone else? I honestly have no idea how being a feminist destroys (prevents?) potential children and families from occurring. My wife and I are both feminists, I guess, and we have both. So do most of the other feminists I know. Have you ever actually met one, or a gay person? Just wondering.

Back