What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mythbusters

• Thread starter zappafan
  • Start date
I guess you would just have to read the man's page for yourself to understand what he is saying about feminism from a Christian perspective. That is unless you are adverse to Christian beliefs and principles. Frank Zappa said watch the Nazi's run your town remember? Frank probably met many Christians, the tv shills are the ones he had a problem with. I don't see anyone saying to hurt homos or they shouldn't be able to work or anything. For your info. I have been taken advantage of by a homo. Do I hate them no. Do I want them to burn in Hell? No. Just because I am a fan of Frank Zappa does not mean I have to believe everything he believed. See my notes above about labeling, you prove yourself how people are conditioned to think in regards to a box.

and here is all i have to say on the matter:

nonseq_bar.jpg

i'm out before i lose whatever restraint i still maintain.

Rise for the flag salute.

By the way, the way you say "a homo" is pretty much the same as saying "a jap". I'm sorry you were abused, but really it doesn't matter if it was a man or a woman. Abuse is abuse and a being abused by a woman is no more fun I'm sure.

By the way, speaking of labeling, what's up with the "Christian principals" stuff? I'm a Christian. A gay Christian. A feminist Christian.There's a difference between "Cristian principals" and "conservative principals" You'll never know what it's like to cry yourself to sleep. You'll never know what it's like to wish you were dead or wonder why YOU had to be gay. You'll never know what it's like to be judged and told that God hates you because you like other guys and your going to burn in hell forever. Do you know what it's like to talk your friends out of overdosing or cutting just because they like people of the same sex? Before you start telling me how my lifestyle "undermines" "Christian principals", know what you're talking about. As far as families, we have a hard time having families because of people that don't understand us, last time I checked. Because of people who think that our relationships destroy the "Sanctity" of marriage, even those those same people have no qualms about getting divorced. By people who think we aren't good enough or that just because we're gay, that means we're pedophiles.

As far as me mentioning my "homo agenda" in just a personal way, well hell yes it's personal. It's my life. It's my pain and I've spent years through denial and hurt and facades to finally overcome that pain and say HONEY! I DIDN"T CHOOSE TO BE GAY! I WAS CHOSEN!

There are many things you don't know about my life. I believe all of the presuppositions here support my case about you being in a box labeled left or right, right or wrong, black or white, gay or straight. Enough with labels and presuppositions. I don't need to tell you how a guy abused by another guy could make the victim want to die or do I ? get real many people feel that way also when they are abused. How does it make you feel like a man when you are abused by a gay ,which is a misnomer for a stolen word for happiness which you unhappy souls abuse and have rendered near obsolete in our dictionaries. Who is revising history? I have recanted any notion of Fascism or Communism it's all bunk. So just how are you gonna label me now? Why was Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed by the triune God? Since you want to argue about gay rights I'm game. Remember at the outset, I am not focussing on gays with my posting this post "mythbusters". I edited my first statement it was a vulgar choice of words, I apologize for any offense

Like I said, I'm very sorry you were abused. I'm sure it was a horrible experience, and I'm not going to tell you what to feel because believe it or not, I can sympathize with you as one of my best friends was raped by her uncle and got pregnant, then had an abortion and had to live with that. Not to take away from your problems by any means, but yes I can sympathize because I was the shoulder to cry on.

If there's anything I've learned it's that almost everything is gray so don't tell me that I'm in a box.

Some would argue that S and G were destroyed because of inhospitality, cheifly. Some, like me, know when to separate fact and fiction and realize that the bible is pretty much mostly metaphor and symbolism. I believe in liberal Christianity and that people, so should they choose, interpret the bible for themselves. This is taken from wikipedia concerning S and G.

"Classical Jewish texts do not specifically indicate that God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because the inhabitants were homosexual, or sexually deviant from what was recorded as God's law of natural order, but rather, they were destroyed because the inhabitants were generally morally depraved and uncompromisingly greedy. Though homosexual acts were an abomination, the people of Sodom and Gomorrah were guilty of many other sins as well. Rabbinic writings affirm that the primary crimes of the Sodomites were terrible and repeated economic crimes, both against each other and outsiders[citation needed].

A rabbinic tradition, described in the Mishnah, postulates that the sin of Sodom was related to property: Sodomites believed that "what is mine is mine, and what is yours is yours" (Abot), which is interpreted as a lack of compassion. Another rabbinic tradition is that these two wealthy cities treated visitors in a sadistic fashion. One example is the story of the "bed" that guests to Sodom were forced to sleep in: if they were too short they were stretched to fit it, and if they were too tall, they were cut up.(compare Procrustes.)

The Talmud also recounts the incident of a young girl (some sources say it was a daughter of Lot) who gave some bread to a poor man who had entered the city. When the townspeople discovered her act of kindness, they smeared her body with honey and hung her from the city wall until she was stung to death by bees. (Sanhedrin 109a) It is this gruesome event (and her scream, in particular), the Talmud concludes, that are alluded to in the verse that heralds the city’s destruction: "So Hashem said, 'Because the outcry of Sodom and Gomorrah has become great, and because their sin has been very grave, I will descend and see...'" (Genesis 18:20-21.)"

And as far as us "abusing" the word gay, this is taken from wikipedia:
A passage from Gertrude Stein's Miss Furr & Miss Skeene (1922) is possibly the first traceable published use of the word to refer to a homosexual relationship, though it is not altogether clear whether she uses the word to mean lesbianism or happiness

You did not intend this to evolve into this discussion. It is your thread and if you want, I won't post here again because I have respect for your wishes as the creator. For the record you said you're game.

And I don't know what you meant by the "unhappy souls" bit. I'll assume it wasn't meant in a condescending manner and i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I didn't say you were in a box, it's possible though. If it helps it's possible I'm in one too. I wanted to point out how quickly someone can be labeled by seeing elements of truth on "the other side" of the argument, then they are conveniently labelled as racist or gay and slagged off by people parroting a quick response. Just look how fast you changed your signature in response to our discussion, pretty defensive huh?

By the way don't call me racist if you want to because you are probably more white than I am . I have some NA blood and that is unacceptable to white supremacy. For the sake of argument if it were acceptable God is against racism and secret societies built on pantheism, and so am I.

Yeah it is defensive. I think I have a right to be defensive. You do too if you want. And look at how quick I edited my post to include more about S and G. Wait what? Why am I explaining fighting against discrimination? Gee, Everyone should do that if you ask me.

Personally I think my new signature helps more people than a song about heroin,which was my former signature, but hey that's just me.

And I'm a little Cherokee, personally. I don't see where I called you racist anywhere. If you are concerned about my link in my signature about help fighting racism, that was inspired by the savethemales.ca site.

And I'm not calling you racist, and in addition to that statement, just because a person has a little NA blood in them doesn't mean that they can't think they are better than a Hispanic person or AA person etc etc. Don't box in the racists lol.

Neither of us are going to change the other.

Jlap, I just want to say again not to be quick to label Henry Makow as a racist ,for he is Jewish and Jews cannot possibly be racist. LOl. But seriously, I mean you have certain pressupositions and word associations as I do, when we hear certain words or ideas. Hence your quick rush to judgment with a "fight racism link".

Wow, Clint I didn't know you were Christian?

Gay AND Christian just do not match well in my mind.

Cuz.. the bible has nothing good to say about gay people.. or so I've heard.. I am never gonna read that thing.

ChronoKiento Please reconsider and read the Bible. If I have offended you I am sorry. But please please please read the Bible. The book of John is a great starting place.

No, actually to tell you the truth I've only been skimming over the past posts because I gotta read them like 3 times to completely understand them anyways. xD

Nothing you've said has offended me though.. nor altered my opinion of the bible or religion at all.

So don't feel bad.

But I'm still not going to read the bible. :p

And I'd prefer not to get into why. (Though I have a friend who'd absolutely LOVE to.)

Last edited:
I'm not into reading the bible either. Or going to church. That's not my deal.

The way I can be a Christian (I really like to say "Christ follower" instead) is I figure that I'm not Jewish so I don't really pay attention to the old testament, Jesus never talked about it (homosexuality), and he's my main man. Also I figure the bible was written my man and back then they had social politics, too. Sure the bible may have been inspired by God but he didn't write it. This was 2,000 years ago. Lots of things are sins, like wearing clothes made from 2 or more fibers and also working on saturday. The way I see it for myself, Jesus came and is the new way and freed us from the archaic past of the old testament. That's just ME and that's what I believe but if anyone wants to believe anything else that's their deal and I don't really care. I like everyone and religion doesn't play a huge part in my life. Such are the joys of being secular. I truely believe that anything goes as long as it doesn't hurt another person.

I believe in liberal Christianity, which isn't a political thing lol. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_Christianity

And you're right I used to be an atheist. If you're an atheist, that's totally cool with me! I say everyone should do their own thing and be happy as hell because we don't have long lives. You won't ever see me preach religion to others because I'm not an evangelical. I'll talk about religion, any religion in a neutral point of view if someone wants to come to me and talk about it, but I don't do any of that preachy "Save your soul" kind of stuff. No thank you, none of that for me.

I would like to apologize to Moonflower, here nor there and Jlap for being sarcastic with "rise for the flag statements and saying being in a box statement in a personal way. I was trying to explain pressupositionalism and got too personal. Once again my apologies to all for any negative inferences.

I didn't know what you meant by that but apology accepted and I'm sorry for calling you crazy lol.

Rise for the flag salute means do everything you're told, don't question authority,remain ignorant, and as Frank zappa also said, "Be a loyal plastic robot for a world that doesn't care". Rise for the flag salute was a saying of Frank's on Freak Out, I believe it was in the liner notes.

Oh. Well if it makes you feel better, I stopped rising for the flag in the 10th grade lol.

Coercion with a smile lmao

Back