What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nor'easter here in Maine. flooding w/pics

• Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
The storm that hit Maine yesterday is just winding down.
about 300,000 people with out power as of now.
High winds with astronomically high tides caused lots of flooding and erosion by the ocean.
One of the windows in my apartment building completly blew out.
We don't see wind-rain storms like this very often, last was 10-15 yrs ago.
Me and a friend went for a sight seeing ride around the area where I live and there were tons of closed roads and downed trees.
We tried to get to some of the local beaches, but only one road was open. couldn't get any pics there because of the high winds and rain. The rain actually hurt my face.
here are a couple of pics, most taken out a car window so there not perfect.
keep in mind these pics are not the worst of it.
we couldn't get to the bad stuff.
pics
streetflood.jpg

water in street

oobflooded2.jpg

oobflooded.jpg

oceanacrossrd2.jpg

ocean water

leaningtree.jpg

garagetree2.jpg

garagetree1.jpg

downedtree.jpg

downed trees

cardrowning3.jpg

cardrowning2.jpg

people aren't too smart when it comes to water in the road
peace,
Zero

I'm glad I didn't have any plants outside.
we lucked out with only loss of www and phone and one blown out window upstairs from me, in the enclosed porch. watered my sarras well;)
peace,
Zero

Wow! Is that OOB? We got maybe 5" of rain here in CT but, although the wind shook the windows last night, I haven't heard of anything like that here. I haven't heard from my mother-in-law up at the VT/Quebec border, but she was expecting lots of snow.

yeah a couple of the pics are Old Orchard Beach.
all pics are within 5 miles of OOB

Is that tree on fire on the third picture from bottom?

I was just watching the news and it looks like NJ got hit hard too.
Up here in Maine we usually the worst weather we get is lots of snow ice and the ocasional thunder storm in the summer.
abcat1993, no the tree isn't on fire. It was pouring rain with 30-50 mph wind when I took that pic:)
peace,
Zero

Whoa that's messy. Sorry this happened, I'm glad you're ok.

We got some of that here. Sat. grey and raining, Sunday torrential rain of and on all day plus wind...Monday, lots of strong wind. Its a storm that won't let go. I'm sure there was flooding here but not as bad as that. The north definitely caught the brunt. I'm really sorry. We went throught hurricane Isabel and it was terrible. So you have my utmost sympathy for what folks are suffering there. :(

Back