What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kansas members

• Thread starter Victoria
  • Start date
Just wondering if there are any other Kansas residents here....asking merely out of curiosity.

no but i have a brown eyed husky. her bros and sis were all blue eyed except for her.

Uhh... what... does that have to do with Kansas o_O..........

Oops, got the names confused, Kansas, Kentucky. Honest mistake ^^;;.

no but i have a brown eyed husky. her bros and sis were all blue eyed except for her.

Huskies are great dogs! Ours is very high strung and energetic....I figure that will change when he gets cut, lol.

Uhh... what... does that have to do with Kentucky o_O..........

No worries, its all about conversation and getting to know people.

Victoria

I grew up in Lawrence, KS. I went to undergrad at KSU and did my masters degree at KU. I now live oustide KC on the Missouri side. Where in KS are you from Victoria?

xvart.

Actually, one of my CP buddies, called KCstarguy, lives in Olathe.

Someone got confused between Kansas and Kentucky? He (she?) is either from Manhattan or has trouble with knowing the difference between, say, shirts & sharks.

I don't even know where most states are so don't feel bad. I know the west coast and the southern half of the east coast. What's in between in anyone's guess, really.

There is at least one person from Kansas who likes cps.

There was a guy from Kansas, who joined the NECPS, and went to one of our annual carnivorous plant shows two years ago.

Someone got confused between Kansas and Kentucky? He (she?) is either from Manhattan or has trouble with knowing the difference between, say, shirts & sharks.

Interestingly enough, both of the Kentucky and Kansas state schools have switched their abbreviations. Kentucky University (UK) and University of Kansas (KU).

Kansas rocks!

xvart.

I live up North, I simply mistyped it because the names are closely related ::glare:

I shouldn't be smug - when I was a junior in high school (in Mississippi), a teacher gave us a quiz that was a map of the US and we had to label every state and spell them correctly too. I had CT and either VT or NH reversed and mispelled CT as Connecticutte or something like that. God has a wicked sense of humor and my father's job moved us to CT within the year. I left as soon as I graduated but found myself back 12 years later and haven't been able to escape since. The moral of the story is that if you're going to confuse or misspell a state, make sure it's one you don't mind moving to. It will happen. Hmmm . . . Nu Meksico, that's somewhere up around Minnesota, isn't it?

Ours is very high strung and energetic....I figure that will change when he gets cut, lol.

I hate to tell you but that's a myth. lol The only thing that will cure that (to a degree) is growing up. Neutering will reduce a dog's urge to roam hunting for a mate but that's about it. It does nothing to calm a dog down. The two dogs I've had that were neutered licked themselves a time or two and then continued to bounce off the walls. Ollie was a holy terror until he was about 18 months old. Then he settled down some. I thought his climbing, stealing and chewing would never end. He's pretty good now except he still LOVES to climb...anything and everything. He's like a little goat. :)

I'd never heard of Olathe until I had to send my GPSr back to Garmin. That is where they are headquartered.

Back