What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hehehehe im gonna be on tv, WNY people :)

i was out at a campus BBQ this afternoon and WHAM 13 Rochester randomly came by and asked my friends and i about our views on the campus' new policy of allowing university police to carry guns at all times (before they kept them locked in their trunks). obviously they asked us about the Va. Tech incident as well... interestingly enough, they only taped me and my boyfriend, and we had dissenting opinions on the campus police issue ;)

so yeah... for Rochester area folks... WHAM 13, 11pm news, i'm the doofus in the sunglasses cause i couldn't get back to my house in time to grab my normal eyes ;)

Maybe it will show up on YouTube ;)

SUNY Stony Brook is a big-time School on LI. An ol' favorite Skate spot as well.
Anyways, as long as I remember (started Sk8in there in '90) they always had Armed State Troopers as the Security there. They've never had an incident as far as I know besides being total D*cks sometimes.
All the same, I think that's a really good idea now, and they've been doing it longer than I remember I'm sure.

If they're real police officers, I don't see the problem. I don't understand why college students should be sheltered from police officers carrying guns.

That's cool. I wish I could see the clip. :)

I'm sure every college in the nation is reviewing safety rules because of Tech. But how do you protect yourself from a nutcase like that. :(

I think I saw you; there was a guy in like a red shirt and a short beard or somethin (it was late and I forgot), and then a girl with sun glasses and short, blond hair.

-Ben

yah that's be me, and the guy was my boyfriend ;)

they had the clip on the website... the newscaster's bit anyway. they cut out all the interviews :(

hehehe ok, that was my excitement ;)

Man... didn't get on a computer for the weekend, and I missed it! :-( Do you have a link to the website?

Back