What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you call those annoying tests....

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

The ExpertRating Honesty Test score indicates that you are quite honest, both in your personal and professional life. You like to stick to the truth, no matter what the consequence, in circumstances where most people would opt for the easy way out and revert to dishonest means. The boundaries of morality that you have set for yourself are indeed commendable. You are the kind of person on whom everyone relies at work, and the kind to whom people go for advice as they know that you would be honest to them. However, whether you are honest or you are brutally honest is the question that you must ask yourself. Is it that in the guise of honesty, you hurt other people? While being honest is the right way to go, you must take care not to hurt other people and then justify it by saying, "Well, I was just being honest". Just take the other person's feelings into consideration sometimes and maybe "fudge up" the truth once in a while to spare the feelings of a loved one.

K- I just asked my wife (Lowes admin manager) they're called integrity tests. She says the same questions are asked a few different ways to see if they answer the same way. But that they don't actually review the questions, the computer says if there is an integrity issue or not... Once the computer part of the application is done, a print out is made according to their answers for the interviewer to ask to get more details on an answer. Like if you answer it is okay to steal less than $5 bucks.. the print out would then ask "Give examples of items that are okay to take."
Andrew

Asking in slightly different ways may be helpful in honing in on how a person really feels, particularly when the choices provided aren't good. But it may also unintionally point to inconsistency by the test taker.

I once took one over the phone, for a Pharmacy Tech position. Basically, the questions could be broken down into: "have you ever..." and "have you ever thought about doing..." And for every of the former I said no. For every of the latter I said yes. A computer voice cma on in the end at told me that I was not what were they looking for. Well.... WHAT are they looking for?! Do they want Mr. Perfection? Don't think me or anybody raised in a closet could fit that bill. We ALL think about doing wrong things. How did I fail?

Man I hate those tests!

Back