What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I found a guinea pig!

You know Nikki, I bet you bought the guinea pig and then "released" it in your backyard so then when you brought it home your husband would have to say "okay you can keep it but this is our last pet!" I'm on to you, missy! lol. I mean seriously, how could you say "no" to that little guy. Especially if you think some family has abandoned him.

xvart.

yay!!! im sure Tanger is happy in his new home.

Now i want a piggy too!!!! although, i dont know how my dog would react to it.

Should i go with guinea pigs or stick to tarantulas?

Aww. Cute. I saw this topic first, but never posted.

I think she bought it and it escaped. Then It had two choices. 1) The rest of it's life being hand fed, loved and kissed by Niki, or 2) the pond.

Just to let you know Guinea pigs need to be kept in pairs they are social animals like rats so if you are keeping it you need to look into getting a buddy. If you can not get another it would be best to rehome him with somone who already has piggies.

Here's a good information and rescue site:

http://www.guineapighome.com/

It looks like males may fight unless they were introduced to each other when young. You just have to see if a pair of males get along otherwise.

aw the poor thing! Good thing you got him/her in time

The reason for the noise is you NEED two of them to keep happy or they will have not such a good life. I have had tons of them and I have a friend in california that breds them. They love vegis and alfalfa hay.

Twice in my life, somebody holding a guinea pig walked up and said "hold this" putting it in my lap. I was bit both times.

:censor:

They probably know that I am fond of rodent -eating snakes......

Cheers,

Joe

Maybe he thinks he is a capyberra, flopping around in the water..

http://www.travelblog.org/Photos/154822.html

Twice in my life, somebody holding a guinea pig walked up and said "hold this" putting it in my lap. I was bit both times.

:censor:

They probably know that I am fond of rodent -eating snakes......

Cheers,

Joe

Maybe he thinks he is a capyberra, flopping around in the water..

http://www.travelblog.org/Photos/154822.html

My friend has a snake eating rodent some idiot had tried to feed their "pet rat" to a huge snake snake now dead and headless:-)) rat fat and happy living with my friend like it should be.

How could you feed your PET RAT to a snake!! That's horrible! I feel bad for the snake but I'm glad the ratty made it. That's why you shouldn't feed LIVE rats/mice to snakes, the snake could get hurt! Tanger is still doing great! He's not going to get a buddy, I spend tons of time with him and he's always purring and chutting. I also heard that two males MIGHT fight, but we can't get him a buddy anyway, and I'm certainly not going to rehome him just because he doens't have a play mate. Jeff and I are going out to pick him up a toy today :-D MAYBE in the future he'll have a buddy, but definetly not now. Thanks for the info :) Xvart! How did you know!!! :-O Tanger has scabs all over him, looks like he got into some fights with something. He's doing great though, really loves his apples :-D

Awww that is so great I luv gp's. Yeah that person also tried to feed the same rat to her other snake who died at the vet... no common sense poor snakey.

No common sense in your friend either!

No common sense in your friend either!

How does my friend have no common sense????? she only adopted the rat at the vet when it's previous owner the one with the snakes took it to her vet office to be put down, She runs a small animal rescue...The rat was from a breeder not intened as food and the breeder was so upset when she found aout one of her babies was nearly eaten.

i know of someone who tried to feed a rat to their snake, but the snake was too cold, so the rat ate it...

people have tried to hand me guinea pigs once or twice over the years, and they didn't get a nice response. i'm allergic to them

hmm, i seem to have killed this conversation.

Back