What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hmmm, sarrs do great for me, many neps are doing great, mexi pings do awesome - although they will struggle in the summer heat. My biggest challenges have been epiphytic utrics, and darlingtonia (I must have killed a dozen, but I am a sucker and have more coming now!!!).

I personally think that I do really well with pings, especially P. primuliflora

I however don't seem to be able to grow any pygmies or highlanders that well, mainly due to my warm and very hard and rainy storms :-(

i grow all types of dews fairly well. next is the utrics. i absolutly suck at growing VFTs. i can manage to keep ONLY 2 alive in my hands. bleh.
Alex

I can get U.longifolia to flower every year :D

Only real "issue plants" for me are Neps, I use mostly natural light and have BAD humidity (super low) all winter so I usually only get pitchering on them during spring/summer

U.subulata seems to like me a LOT too ;)

does my butt count? ???

i am really honored that you guys even talk to me, cause i'm a plant killer. i have a bit of a black thumb.

i am keeping my vft's alive. hopefully they will thrive and not just merely be alive. i have done a decent job with them in the past and just recently tried my hand at them again.

last year i managed to kill a peppermint, parsley, basil, and there was something else.

almost killed common houseplant thingie (can't think of what it's called) it survived and it's doing well in our fairly new residence

a couple years ago, all my cp's died probably from being stressed- with me having so many life changes and moving around, being gone for days at a time. i lost every single one. so i'm just very slowly trying to keep some common herbs and just a few vft's.

short answer to the topic: rosemary. i have not found a way to kill or harm a rosemary- wait. except that one time i was given one out of someon'e yard and i nearly killed it.

Lol, how can you kill mint? It's a weed lmao

Sweet sweet menthol. Menthol cigarettes are like smoking candy canes.

clear pots have nothing to do with anything with Utrics, i grow several in 1 gal glass jars, have used clear pots in the past.................either they arent getting enough light or you gave them to much to quickly and fried them would be my guess

I mentioned the thing about clear pots because they're growing on the sides and bottom more than they're growing on the top, lol. I didn't fry them, they've been like this for months and they're still alive because green leaves pop up everywhere. Plus the lights they're under are cool. The real reason I think they're ugly is cuz of stains from the peatywater when I flood them (since I water from the top it gets...messy).

VFT's give me too much attitude. I like starting Sarracenia from seed. This time of year I like lowland neps because they party out in my minigreenhouse out back. Oh and I mess around with mexican pings, mostly outside if they can handle it. I've got some dews but I can't think why. Utrics? if it wants to grow, let it grow and bloom. If not, waste of space.

my newest nep is doing too well. i'm beginning to be worried that they fertilised it...

they're growing on the sides and bottom more than they're growing on the top

sounds like the light is to strong, or they dont like your top watering stirring up the top of the soil...............

Well since I know it's not the light then it's the top watering but oh well. Unless I cut holes in the pots and submerge them, I won't be able to water any other way. If I find any containers the right size I'll go for it. :p

last year i managed to kill a peppermint

any tips on how u did it? Unless its in a pot, its damn near impossible for me.

I seem to be pretty decent with VFT's so far. I was afraid of the lighting and so on...but i personally find them as really easy and forgiving cp's. I also grow ventrata, primuliflora, capensis and dielsiana. They are all fine with me.

The true test will be a soon to come rajah, ramispina, bical & amp. :D

Back