What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All-White-Carnivorous Plant?

NeciFiX

Kung Fu Fighting!
Indeed, this could occur, whether it is all white, or just 'splattered'.

Have you ever had a bird fly over and take a crap and it, sadly, landed on your plants?

I know this sounds unlikely, but I keep finding bird feces splattered EVERYWHERE in my backyard and one about 2 feet from my Sarracenia, and I only have a few on my porch!

Has anyone had their plants literally crapped on so they were white? What was the damage? I'm sure somebody has!

Is it a bunch of N. lowii? They love eating bird poop.

xvart.

You've had a N. lowii pooped on? (It's not a guessing game! I'm asking if you've ever had a plant crapped on by a bird or other flying animal before!)

No, I haven't; but, some think lowii's evolved to serve as bird toilets, with their wide openings and the lid that opens all the way.

xvart.

Wow lol, I feel for you dude. My plants are coverd by part of the roof so they don't have that problem. That's weird though...it's kind of like the "new car" effect... hmm, maybe you've got a new cultivar S. 'poop catcher'? Do the plants cover a large area or do you live near the beach? lol, i'm stumped!?

lmao! :D ;D

vraev's avatar N. rajah has experienced the poop effect. Haha.

lol....I would freak out if that happened to my plants. :p lol!

I'd give them a bath (dump water on them or rub them) lol.

About a week after I got my bog going and the plants in, a bird crapped all over the opening and down the inside of my watering tube :(
Nasty little vermin :censor:

I'd give them a bath (dump water on them or rub them) lol.

lol, if you do... don't forget to bring a towel! :-O

Back