What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your annoyances or peeves

-Dumb blondes. No, I'm not saying they're all dumb.
-How people talk to babies and act around them

Babies. For real. They are ugly, nasty, stinky, and have absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Of course, its not their fault.... but its also not the fault of a opossum that its ugly either. Doesnt mean i have to like them.

Babies. For real. They are ugly, nasty, stinky, and have absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Of course, its not their fault....

My mom would smack you.

Lol.

I hate it when my blanket thing for bed gets all floppy and then I have to shake it to get the feathery stuff inside it all evened out.

-Ben

I have to add my mom to the list, or parents in general. She just said, "Oh, Matt I dumped all the water out of your plants, they aren't bog plants you know".

Ahh.. Meddling mothers.. I am so glad my mom doesn't do that.. Did you at least say "Umm yes they are!" and then prove it so she feels stupid, lol?

I agree about the baby thing. I just play it off that I'm afraid of dropping them which is also kinda true but i also just generally dislike them. It'd be different if it was my own I s'pose.

Oh and another one of my pet peeves. Being forced to learn things that I will never need. Namely algebra.

Oh and another one of my pet peeves. Being forced to learn things that I will never need. Namely algebra.

Oh man, I agree with you so much on this one. I'm learning a bunch of crud in math that I honestly know I will never use later in life. Like drawing angle bisectors, for example. Algebra, too.

-Ben

-Hot women who like ugly losers

Wait... What?

the fact that there were about 4 people on the German world cup team that were under 21 coupled with the fact that I'm older than them

At least they did well. Until the dirty, scandal-immersed Italian team came and dove their way to a "victory."

Also, I can't stand things that bind me while I'm sleeping. Heavy clothing, like sweatpants and sweatshirts, I can handle, but anything light - T-shirts, underwear, even bedsheets - absolutely has to go. Even in 100 degree heat, I'll usually choose a fleece blanket over a bedsheet because I know that even if the bedsheet is cooler as I fall asleep, it'll only take me about 30 minutes in my sleep to get hopelessly tangled up in it.

I hear ya on the bedsheets thing! Drives me BONKERS.

Oh man, I agree with you so much on this one. I'm learning a bunch of crud in math that I honestly know I will never use later in life. Like drawing angle bisectors, for example. Algebra, too.

If you plan on having a job anywhere in the science sector, I'd get used to it. Finally around the time of calculus you learn why they've been telling you all of this stuff. lol

Another thing that drives me up the wall is large dense/starchy things in soups. That is, a large bean or a larger chunk of potato. They always hold SO much heat, so when you get to one and accidentally bite in to it, there's a starchy ball of napalm in your mouth. If I want to burn my mouth, I'll do it with capsaicin, thank you.

Oh, and then there's people who cannot write multiple choice tests, yet they insist on giving them to us. That goes from surveys, to teacher's tests, to standardized tests. Le sigh, man.

lol

I'm learning a bunch of crud in math that I honestly know I will never use later in life. Like drawing angle bisectors, for example. Algebra, too.

Yeah, wait about 20 years when you're in some job and all of the sudden you will need to figure something out and that's when the algebra you learned in HS kicks in...I took geometry and algebra in HS, I use it almost every day now. Trig comes in handy too :)

*just finished a 2 hour algebra session*

....I think my brain is bleeding..and I stand by my judgement.. *collapses*

Long hair
Ignorant people
BAD DRIVERS
People that cannot park straight
gas prices
smelly people
little kids
people in electric carts that go the slowest speed
bad beer
warm beer
group punishment
sociology
annoying hyper profs
mushrooms in a good food dish
bad lettuce
curved toothpicks
dirty fingernails
warm water
useless books
people with their pants down to their knees
scratched sunglasses
dirty windshields
smelly rooms
yellow teeth
smelly people

You must really hate smelly things, you said smelly people twice.
I'm adding cold water too. I'll only drink water between 70-80 degrees F.

Bad drivers DO suck.. or people that drink and drive.. those people can jump off a cliff too. :D

People that wear their pants down to their knees are funny. They have to walk funny and look ridiculous but they don't know it! So we can just laugh at them.

Having a light on infront of you but none one behind you when you are on the light line.:blush:

I hate my own long hair.

and yes smelly people irritate me!

I also can't stand people that cannot speak English. Its so damn hard to understand their jarble, especially the tourists. YIKES

Wow. Everyones so angry. GAR! Lol.

This one time, I hadn't showered for awhile and I had JUST gotten done from a workout, and I tried to take a shower, was about to go in, turned out the ceiling was leaking. Had to get out. Couldn't shower for ALMOST TWO WEEKS.

Wow it's a good thing you didn't run into gracilis, he'd probably take a bat to you or something. XD

I'd be scared. *but just showered last night* I might go back in for my own safety.

Good thing that was in summer. I smelled bad enough to make a raccoon drop dead.

1. messy, smelly, disgusting, inconsiderate housemates (i could go on...)
2. sorority girls & frat boys, especially the seniors with no finals who are partying it up about 500 feet from the library
3. people who type "u" instead of "you"
4. puppy mills/pet stores who sell dogs from puppy mills/people who buy puppies from pet stores who buy from puppy mills
5. DESIGNER MUTTS and the idiots who promote them.

Back