What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your annoyances or peeves

sororities are more or less pointless but fraternities are awesome for connections, especially in the business world. If they're not your thing, thats fine, but the only people that are anti-Greek are the ones that can't get in

I think I'm anti-fraternity, but I never cared about getting in. I would go to some of the parties and some of my best friends were Greek. I just had better things to spend my money and time on.

Gracilis....hating people who can't speak English is going to take a lot of effort.

Well I think a lot of people are anti-greek because of the stereotypes. I mean in the movies they are all stupid as hell.

Well I don't normally let my own hair get long, but like now, at college (thank god only 7 days left!) I can't go to the barbers as I wish so my hair is getting....shaggy as one could say. I'm getting it buzzed shortly.

And yes I would turn u into a bat! A slugger of a bat! :p

If they're not your thing, thats fine, but the only people that are anti-Greek are the ones that can't get in

I don't think that's true at all. I'm not necessarily "anti greek" because I believe anytime of "community living" experience is positive, but I definately think there are better options out there than greek life.

Well I don't normally let my own hair get long, but like now, at college (thank god only 7 days left!) I can't go to the barbers as I wish so my hair is getting....shaggy as one could say. I'm getting it buzzed shortly.

When I was in college I cut my hair twice a year (if not longer): winter break and summer.

xvart.

sororities are more or less pointless but fraternities are awesome for connections, especially in the business world. If they're not your thing, thats fine, but the only people that are anti-Greek are the ones that can't get in

oh it has NOTHING to do with getting in.... i have no desire to humiliate myself just to make friends (i have enough without looking like a fool, thanks). it has everything to do with their attitude and WAY excessive drinking habits. some are better than others (i have friends who are Greeks) but with the worst ones, their parties are dangerous, they make the weekends miserable for the rest of us (taking over bars, generally being drunken idiots all over town), and go on and have parties loud enough to disrupt those of us attempting to study in the library. don't even get me started on Bid Day, which requires that they all go singing and banging on things throughout campus all day long to collect new pledges. the urge to attack them with a Super Soaker is almost impossible to resist....

oh it has NOTHING to do with getting in.... i have no desire to humiliate myself just to make friends (i have enough without looking like a fool, thanks). it has everything to do with their attitude and WAY excessive drinking habits. some are better than others (i have friends who are Greeks) but with the worst ones, their parties are dangerous, they make the weekends miserable for the rest of us (taking over bars, generally being drunken idiots all over town), and go on and have parties loud enough to disrupt those of us attempting to study in the library. don't even get me started on Bid Day, which requires that they all go singing and banging on things throughout campus all day long to collect new pledges. the urge to attack them with a Super Soaker is almost impossible to resist....

You're just a bookworm :)

I think the degradation is to weed out the weak. I guess.

That Greek stuff is lame... Too many rules.. I spent the better part of my life as a Skateboarder an lemme tell ya, Frat boys are just novices...

I LOVE long hair. My hair is very shaggy right now. I know it's "just long" enough when people tell me I should get a hair cut.

I got it buzzed the day before school and god I hated it so much.

Ironically, I get annoyed by people who get annoyed too often lol... yeah, I'm probably a little too tolerant...

Fred Phelps and his clan of inbreds.

People who chew with their mouths open.

People who show their roots when they have colored hair.

Over the past year ppl in general have finally made me snap and now im annoyed at a whole array of crap....

-smacking while eating (its not gross, its effin annoying)
-stupid questions
-"are u emo?"
-"are u goth?"
-ppl my age who do stuff i cant say here without using stuff i cant say here regularly (i swear ima punch one in the face the next time i hear about it, it makes me so PO'ed that so many ppl are that stupid)
-ppl who will talk crap behind a person's back but deny it and act like they're their ***bestfriend4-EVA*** when they're around them
-ppl who think everybody on myspace give half a flying crap about what they have to say to the person they're fighting with
-backstabbers
-racists (especially the wannabe ones that do it b/c they think they're cool)
-ppl who push their religion on other ppl
-most female teachers (for alot of reasons, ive just never really had a good female teacher except a couple, they take themselves too seriously, expect too much respect from a room full of ppl who dont owe them any b/c they dont wanna be there in the first place, & they're too concerned w/ enforcing the rules & doing it "by the book" and "being respected" than they are with actually teaching)
-ppl who preach anti-spanking
-the phrase "happy camper"
-ppl who ask 2 many questions
-hypocrites
-anything censored
-certain administrators at my school who insist on nagging about irrelevant, completely unimportant crap that has nothing to do w/ anything, creating more of a "disturbance" than the kid they're yelling at was in the first place
-99% of freshman at my school this past year, for several definite, proven, rational reasons which i also cant say here

...& theres more, but thats all i got right now :poke:

Over the past year ppl in general have finally made me snap and now im annoyed at a whole array of crap....

-smacking while eating (its not gross, its effin annoying)
-stupid questions
-"are u emo?"
-"are u goth?"
-ppl my age who do stuff i cant say here without using stuff i cant say here regularly (i swear ima punch one in the face the next time i hear about it, it makes me so PO'ed that so many ppl are that stupid)
-ppl who will talk crap behind a person's back but deny it and act like they're their ***bestfriend4-EVA*** when they're around them
-ppl who think everybody on myspace gives half a flying crap about what they have to say to the person they're fighting with
-backstabbers
-racists (especially the wannabe ones that do it b/c they think they're cool)
-ppl who push their religion on other ppl
-most female teachers (for alot of reasons, ive just never really had a good female teacher except a couple, they take themselves too seriously, expect too much respect from a room full of ppl who dont owe them any b/c they dont wanna be there in the first place, & they're too concerned w/ enforcing the rules & doing it "by the book" and "being respected" than they are with actually teaching)
-ppl who preach anti-spanking
-the phrase "happy camper"
-ppl who ask 2 many questions
-hypocrites
-anything censored
-certain administrators at my school who insist on nagging about irrelevant, completely unimportant crap that has nothing to do w/ anything, creating more of a "disturbance" than the kid they're yelling at was in the first place
-99% of freshman at my school this past year, for several definite, proven, rational reasons which i also cant say here

...& theres more, but thats all i got right now :poke:

EDIT:
-things that say u have to wait 30 seconds after logging in (when u have already done that anyway...) & telling u that again after u do it, then it posting it twice somehow

/copy paste Flytrap gurls post

Except, add

- stuck up ignorant preps
- biggots
- people who talk crap about what you are wearing. Trying to make a statement like you dont know what you are wearing. (example, When you obviously are wearing the shoes you like seeing as how you bought them, or different colored socks)

3. people who type "u" instead of "you"

I hope that worked. I couldn't agree more with this. That statment made me laugh, because I correct everyperson that I talk to over the internet when that use "u".

I hope that worked. I couldn't agree more with this. That statment made me laugh, because I correct everyperson that I talk to over the internet when that use "u".

Especially now that college students are turning in formal papers with "IM speak" language in it... What is the world coming 2? lol.

xvart.

Especially now that college students are turning in formal papers with "IM speak" language in it... What is the world coming 2? lol.

xvart.

That is sad. I almost cried the other day. I found a book in Barnes and Noble, and it was written entirely in the form of IM boxes, using this new IM language. When did literature depart from a beautiful art form into an "IM" book.

Oh, oh, here's a good one:

People who walk around with their pink handbags, gap-bought shirts, or other apparel with the famous Che Guevara picture on 'em. No futher explanation is required, I think.

Back