What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your annoyances or peeves

NeciFiX

Kung Fu Fighting!
What are your Pet Peeves or annoyances?

What annoys me...

PPL WHO TYP LIK DIS
"Gangstas"
People who are so ignorant they don't read about something before experiencing it. I don't hate these people, it just annoys me.
Yellowjackets (I've killed all of them off near my house.)
UTRICULARIA AND SUNDEWS! - Yes, thats right. Utricularia annoy me because they are so stubborn and I don't see anything special! And Sundews because they never work out for me. Gr.
My mom when she reorganizes my plants.
My door. I've stubbed my toes on it so many times and now my foot is bleeding.

What're yours? Those are just off of the top of my head.

I don't understand the third one.

Preachy ex-smokers/ex-alcoholics/ex-drug users.

And children. I can't stand kids and old people.

PeOplE wHo Type LikE ThiS(drives me insane...i can barely read it)
how stubborn and stupid my brother is. hes put our family relationship at risk once.... he dosent know the "line"
dandelions
tapping...pens and pencils. fingers. anything
know it all's
thats about it

Alex

I love dandelions! I can’t stand hot weather while having long hair. I try to get a haircut once every 3-4 weeks (my hair grows fast obviously).

H3Y 1337 h4x0r5!

You know those old school pencils? The wood hexagon lead (graphite)? I love them, but I must have an absolute sharp hurt me point on them.

I also can't stand it when socks are not perfectly on straight. Drives me nuts.

xvart.

My door. I've stubbed my toes on it so many times and now my foot is bleeding.

You know, they've got gold isotopes that'll take your foot to a whole other plane, man.

I get annoyed when people are ignorant about something and refuse to learn. Heck, there's plenty I don't know about, but I'm more than happy to learn about it if the person teaching me isn't agressive.

Substance abusers (no, I don't care how wasted you were, are, or are going to get. Yes 4/20 should be made a national holiday, given that you'll shaddap if I agree.) lol In general, people who are very out of touch with reality (ref: gold isotopes, refL other planes) in general grind on me.

Harpoons.

Difficult math problems.

I also can't stand it when socks are not perfectly on straight. Drives me nuts.

I'd like to welcome you to the Brotherhood of Straightsocks. We here feel your grief and offer many support groups and leaning opportunities for you to better enjoy your sock-wearing life.

And of course, it totally annoys me when right after I submit my post or close my browser, or turn of my computer, I remember something I wanted to say. :p

Physics, finals, large rocks, the fact that there were about 4 people on the German world cup team that were under 21 coupled with the fact that I'm older than them and live in a desert working on a bio degree

Stopping a song before it is COMPLETELY over.
car insurance prices
When someone who can't weld, welds a part, than I have to fix it.

-Standardized tests

-People from upper middle-class suburbs who sound like they're from south central LA or Harlem

-"Patriotic" people who know nothing about the outside world

-Hot women who like ugly losers

-People who insist Angelina Jolie is the hottest woman on earth

-The Boston Red Sox

Hair in my face.

When I spend half the day organizing/cleaning at work and people come in and mess it up again.

The New York Yankees.

Ozzy.

:-P-:

Posts with these type of questions

Ohh haha I love them.

I'm not sure goldtoes count as drug abusers lmao.

Underwear. I can't stand underwear so I go commando. And I sleep in the nude. I don't see how you people can sleep in boxers.

AND PRETENTIOUS PEOPLE! I can't stand pretentious people.

I love dandelions! I can’t stand hot weather while having long hair. I try to get a haircut once every 3-4 weeks (my hair grows fast obviously).

Ya know, I spent a good part of one summer with a shovel, trying to uproot the pervasive dandelions. And every week, more would popup or recover. And then I thought, they really are pretty flowers and they look good against a green background. Why am I wating my time and stressing over yellow flowers on a green grass background. The neighbors? Heck, if they were daffodils, which are far less successful, would anybody complain.

Now, ask yourself that question when dealing with U. subulata and bisquamata!

Stupid people.
Annoying old people.
Children with stupid parents (which in turn makes the children stupid too)
Overly religious people. See Figure A
People that don't know how to bathe.
People that borrow things and never bring them back.
Bad teachers.
People that started smoking cigarettes even after awareness of the dangers became high.

I could go on forever. I know some of these things apply to some people here, but don't worry, these things just annoy me, some only slightly and some MAJORLY.. especially stupid and overreligious people I can't stand them. They can go jump off a cliff for all I care. In fact, go do that now if you're overly religious like those people in the video. If you've placed your "faith" right, god will make you sprout pretty angel wings and you'll fly right back up to the top of that cliff, laughing your @$^ off at the stupid guy that came down with you. And if not.. well then I told ya so. :p

I can't stand it when people ask me to do something and then forget about it/get angry at me for doing it. I have one friend who always commits to doing things with me and then doesn't show up/call/whatever, so I usually end up being the proactive one and initiating things. He always complains, "You're always calling me and blah blah, I'm busy right now, call me back/come back in a little while." So I do as requested and wait a while, but somehow I become the bad guy for bringing it up again. Or, when I get fed up with things and wait for him to remember and get back to me, I always get a, "Oh, I didn't know you still wanted to do that - why didn't you ever get back to me about it before?"
My dad cashed some savings bonds for me and we were going to go halves to get me a car, but he decided that he didn't want me to get a car that I would need to work on because he doesn't trust my mechanical aptitude. So his criteria for what kind of car he would contribute to was something like less than five years old, less than 80,000 miles or something - basically all cars in the $6000-$10,000 range at best. Of course, you can't pull that kind of money out of thin air, so I've been waiting for years and years for him to get his act together and give me my money... Finally, it's come to the point where I desperately need transportation in order to work and get to my doctors (which are all 30 miles away, hooray government medical insurance) so I tell my dad that I'm fed up and that I should just get a junker for $2000 so that I can at least get a job and some income. His response: "Oh, well, I don't know why you never said before - I would have done something sooner but I thought you wanted a $10,000 car." I just about had a stroke - buying a cheap first car has been my plan since I was like 14 and ever since I first mentioned it to him he's been like, "No, don't save money, I make six digits a year and I want to buy you your first car because I want to give you the types of things I never had as a child..." and all that mush. I feel like I'm living in some Orwellian microcosm where whatever I think somebody said, they actually meant the opposite.
Also, I can't stand things that bind me while I'm sleeping. Heavy clothing, like sweatpants and sweatshirts, I can handle, but anything light - T-shirts, underwear, even bedsheets - absolutely has to go. Even in 100 degree heat, I'll usually choose a fleece blanket over a bedsheet because I know that even if the bedsheet is cooler as I fall asleep, it'll only take me about 30 minutes in my sleep to get hopelessly tangled up in it.
~Joe

1. loud music in other people's car
2. people who stereotype
3. bally's gym & blockbuster - all they care about is their money
4. the inconsiderate tenants who live a floor above my apartment.
5. chicago heat - the heat gives me thick, red rashes. not sexy.
6. superficial women
7. women who wear TOO much perfume

...this is it for now.

I'd like to welcome you to the Brotherhood of Straightsocks. We here feel your grief and offer many support groups and leaning opportunities for you to better enjoy your sock-wearing life.

And I thought I was the only one! It's nice to know there are others out there!

car insurance prices

Yes, because statistically women get out of minor traffic stops more often than men do; therefor men on paper look like worse drivers; therefore, my (and men's) insurance rates are higher!

-People who insist Angelina Jolie is the hottest woman on earth

Again, I thought I was the only one!

xvart.

I met someone who was like "WERE ON THIS EARTH TO SPRED THE WORD OF GOD! GOD IS OUR SAVIOUR!" I wanted to hit him in the face.

ChronoKiento has the anger thing down, XD.

Back