What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

www.flytrapshop.com now open :)

jlap- that was EST's attempt to be funny. Notice no "eddited by adnedarn" note... He wanted me to edit it but I refused! I will not be part of it! lol Also, you can see he is clearly still a moderator and not banned :p If it wasn't clear, of course pictures of the plants can be posted. lol.

Hear that EST? You're a JERK! hehe :)

Oh I thought EST deleted someones else's post and put that.

There's still hope for this world ^_^

My brother. But PAK is supposed to be computer creating one to replace it... Instead of having a drawing. That drawing was just the "idea" but PAK is "busy" (yah right) hahaha jking SUSAN!

Just for that...its gonna take even LONGER!! :p

Just for THAT I'm going to post the "current" model you've made :)

She's still working on the eyes but I think after that just making the "finished" product and we're set. It REALLY is good PAK! :)

And yes it is MINE Copyright all that... so no stealing! lol

Looks like sore bunny ears. Well-drawn bunny ears, that is.

Sorry, my attempt at humor, and a long way of saying "I'll post some pics, regardless of ban warnings." :-D

The plants really are a nice size! Pictures later. :)

Looks like sore bunny ears. Well-drawn bunny ears, that is.

I did not do the original art. :p I'm just taking the original and creating a digital file (with a few changes) for website and print reproduction. A sketch doesn't hack it for that type of use.

No S. purpurea! Also you forgot to put in how many years of growth for the plants you are selling, pot size, and baby plants! Dont you mean commonly sprouts new stems from the soil?

ant-
Nope, no S. purpurea for now.
Years of growth? This is TC stuff for the most part, of flowering age. But I can't honestly and accurately give "age" since I didn't propagate most of it. Pot size is said in the "Policies page" I put it there because I tried not to repeat too much in every plant's description...
Potted plants are typically shipped in 2" square or 3" square pots. (pending plant size and type) The media may be 50:50 peat:perlite, 50:50 peat:silica sand, pure long fiber sphagnum, or a combination of the above.
I can't really see using my 2" square pots for customer plants.. But just in case I start selling something that would do fine in a smaller pot, I'm covered.

As for D. adelae plants sprouts... For the most part "newbs" would be buying this plant, and I and others decided this way was the "clearest" to explain the sprouting plants. "new stems" just doesn't seem like it'd be clear as to what is coming from the media to someone who doesn't' know. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

Sweet picture PAK, I like!

As you grow and expand, are you planning on having an area of "specialty" or just a more generalized selection of all plants?

xvart.

I have always wondered how large nurcies look, are you ever going to post a look around your new nurcery? I am thinking of getting an aki ruy but, my mom might say no because I have 2 VFT's already. She killed my last Aki ruy when I went to florida for nine days and when I came home they were all as dry as a bone and Aki ruy suffered the most.

xvart-I don't know about "specialty" but I am going to get into some "not necessarily common" stuff. I'm afraid we'll just have to see though. My next "jump" will likely include a nice selection of pings.

Ant- I don't' know about "large".... My green house is 8ft x 16ft x 10ft. There is even a topic in the g/h forum where you can see me putting the g/h together :) wow it was empty back then! lol

edit: This was the end of last year... It's a lot different now. Many more shelves lol This is before I purchased any of my stock.
ghinside8_2006.JPG

Here is the topic of me building the g/h... You can see how much my collection had expanded just from finishing the g/h to the picture above. Note: the last picture in this topic only shows temperate plants. The tropicals were still in my "old" green house being heated. It was still just a tad chilly to bring them over at this time.

So there is a small kinda sorta peak. lol

Pings? :angry:

8 x 16 x 10ft means 1280 cubic feet of nep room! :jester:

LOL you see that N. x 'Miranda' there on the left about half way down? I ended up putting that up in the rafters cause it was taking too much dang space. haha. ...about 3x3x5 to be exact :-\ That same space now holds hundreds of VFTs :p

I think you forgot the link, Andrew. Funny because I was just looking at it. Good looking GH.

xvart.

Woohoo! Good job Andrew! Sorry I missed this post when you first started it (I haven't been here in a few days) but I knew you opened your store cause you told me about it on Yahoo. Ooopps, I wasn't supposed to tell anyone that we talked outside of TF's :-P-: Congrats Andrew! Best of luck to you :bigthumpup:

Here's a pair of shots of the plants I got from Andrew. Please don't ban me again, Andy. :-D

Aww how cute. I think I'll name 'er Sheila! (Yeah, I don't know what's wrong with me, either.)

cute.jpg

And for reference. The traps size was pretty surprising to me; wouldn't have been at all surprised if the traps had arrived smaller. Very happy with the size. :)

reference.jpg

Good jorb, Andrew! Now stock up on some nice Sarras. ;) :-D

Wow! Good jorb!

Nice petiole/trap ratio... good color...nice trap size.... I give it a score of ten out of ten pills!

jorb LOL EST is such a character :p Thanks for the ruler that first pic makes it look all tiny haha Maybe it's cause the pictures are so dang HUGE!! (Even on my 1680*1050 desktop lol) :p

Back