What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pippi's Big Adventure with PICS!

JLAP,

That Pippi is too cute!! You said that below 70 degrees was dangerous for her, how warm can it be and she still be alright?

they are supposed to be about mid 80's. It's the middle of summer and she still sleeps on a heat matt and has a heat lamp. They are from Africa (mine's algerian) and if their area drops below 70 degrees they will try toi hibernate, and since they are tropical and aren't intended to do that they almost always die unless you get them immediate help.

It sounds high maintenance but really the only thing to worry about it the heat. After you have a big cage and a heat matt and lamp they are as low maintenance as a hamster. They eat cat food :)

She is just too cute. :) I like her name. Is she named after Pippi Longstocking?

My mom thinks it is but it's short of pipsqueak.

You said you had to get a permit to keep her, did you buy her from a breeder? Gotta love those little fatty thighs:-D .

We got her from a pet store in NC who got her from a breeder. We called up like 7 to find one.

Awww Pippi! Look at her pink thigh! :p

Back