What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Premium membership" is now "Thank you" membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Please view the new topic on this subject at http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109464

NOTE: It is now a $10 product minimum to get the 'Thank You' membership

Hello all. After some thought, I decided to tame down the "premium membership" to a "Thank you" membership. Some features will still apply as talked about before, and some will not. But this "Thank you" membership won't cost you anything other than a purchase from my store www.flytrapshop.com ($10 product minimum) If there isn't anything there you need now, keep watching, some new stuff should be showing up in the near future. I figure a purchase will give you AT LEAST a year worth of access to these features. There is a chance it will last you forever. I'm saying a year just in case another idea comes up, I'm not locked into this forever. If you have already made a purchase and would like access to these features, just send me a PM with your real name and I'll set you up. If you were getting these features already as a "thanks for supporting the idea" of premium membership they will soon be gone (probably within the week unless you have purchased and pm me or do purchase within the next week and let me know) I may set up an item in the store that you can add to your cart when you buy, but until them, just PM me.

Features you will get with this "Thank you" membership include:
-Your name in green
-Open and Close your own threads all over forums (do NOT open your topic if a mod closes it for moderation reasons. Doing so you will lose your "Thank you" membership immediately.)
-175 MB (183500800 bytes) of upload space where you can upload pictures directly to topics rather than needing to use other hosting services.(That's quite a bit!) (I've made it so pictures uploaded using this feature show up as thumbs. Right now you can post 10 of these in a post. Since I got thumbs working.. That may be increased)
-Can store 200 PMs (instead of 75)

Obviously the "big" bonus of all that is the upload space. People that are using it seem to love it. Just my way of saying thanks for supporting the store and being members of this great community. :)

Note: Once given access to use the upload feature all you need to do is click "Post Reply" Then type in your response (or post if your posting a new topic) Scroll down PAST "Submit Reply" and you'll see some options down there including "Attach Files" Under that option click "Manage Attachments" and a window will pop up. Click "Browse" and find the file you want to post to the forum. Once you do so click "Upload" it will resize the picture as long as it isn't huge. From here you can add another picture or close the window, scroll back up and click "Submit Reply". It sounds like a lot of steps but it really is easy.

Thanks again,
Andrew

Last edited:
It's great really. The extra PM's are A-W-E-S-O-M-E and everyone needs to buy from him eventually, not only for great perks on the forums but to support his venture.

As soon as you get neat nepenthes in you can count on me to buy from you! I was thinking and and like.. if you we all spend 20 bucks a year that's like 4 Dionaea or whatever and our "thank you" membership so like.. it's like the premium thing we were talking about plus free plants! But it's like.. 5 dollar minimum instead of 20. Does anyone understand what I'm trying to say? lol.

I was playing around and I REALLY like how the shipping is automatically added to your cart.

As soon as you get neat nepenthes in you can count on me to buy from you! I was thinking and and like.. if you we all spend 20 bucks a year that's like 4 Dionaea or whatever and our "thank you" membership so like.. it's like the premium thing we were talking about plus free plants! But it's like.. 5 dollar minimum instead of 20. Does anyone understand what I'm trying to say? lol.

So... What you're saying is that you don't like it? :p

I agree with Clint, it sounds like a good idea. :) A good way to thank people, a good incentive for people to look in the shop, and it's not like it's more expensive than when it was just a pay thing.

Good thinkin', Andy. :)

You over analyze worse than my mother :)

I just ordered 3 typical bare root VFT's. I just HAD to buy three since three is my favorite number and I'm kind of OCD about planting in odd-numbers. I WILL post pictures here to promote you and your EXCELLENT quality plants :)

You should advertise in the back of the newsletter. And you can keep us updated with new arrivals here at the forums.

Thanks JLAP- I'll have to go pick some up from lowes and transplant them so you have something nice to show everyone. hahaha jking....

As far as stock, obviously I don't have any way to get stock of super cool plants that we all need... I thought this nep would be a good one, rather than the super basics like rafflesiana and ventricosa that are available everywhere... Then for sarras... it's the basic stuff I can get, like rubra, leucophylla 'Tarnok', 'Dana's Delight', x 'Judith Hindle', x 'Scarlet Belle'......stuff like that

Wow patience is a virtue. We all want Nepenthes. Especially N. campanulata cough cough, but he just started up.

Just an idea, you could import from the big three oversees nurseries we all know, do a big mark up (50% sounds like a good starting place), then resell them. When you get big don't forget about us regular people when you decide to open up for public stocks. I'll take 20 shares of FTS, please :)

Wow patience is a virtue. We all want Nepenthes. Especially N. campanulata cough cough, but he just started up.

I'll make you a deal. We forget the patience, and forget the Neps. Can do without both, really. All ya need is lov- no, all you need are Sarracenia. :)

Ooo, more PMs. I have a habit of.. never deleting mine.. I just got a warning about having an almost full pm box just the other day. :p

More of a reason to buy a Aki ruy from you, atill waiting for my more to plant her flowers that take up all the plant space.

I was just asked about the people who currently have the higher pm limits and loosing it... Your PMs will not be deleted. What will happen is if you're over the 75pm limit when I move you back to a regular member, you will be at 100% and not able to accept any more pms till you get rid of some. You'd just need to go through them and delete some, or use the very cool save pm feature to your computer.
Andrew

Just an idea, you could import from the big three oversees nurseries we all know, do a big mark up (50% sounds like a good starting place), then resell them. When you get big don't forget about us regular people when you decide to open up for public stocks. I'll take 20 shares of FTS, please :)

Yeah dude, I'm sure some of us would kill for some of the plants that don't get bought by USA nurseries. Once you get your ping stock up I'll be taking a gander.

xvart.

Alright, I'll take a S. flava atropurpurea... what... call you back in 20 years?.. ok.. thank you sir... thank you very much!

Rubra... I have one for sure... My grow list says I have a few.. I can look if you are actually looking for one...? :p

I kinda liked the idea of a Premium Membership....

Yeah, but this way it's bribery, and that's way more fun.

Ahahahaha just kidding :jester:

like i said.. that could come later... but for now, 1 project at a time. This is just easier while putting the "idea" of how cool it is in their heads :p when it's a pay for service you all will want it bwahahahaha.... or I'm just lazy right now :p

I never got it. I bought 2 plants from you! :cry:

Ant, all you need to do is send Andy a PM a remind him. :) He has to do this manually, so I'm sure he just needs you to shoot him a PM.

Yes, some people have told me they do not want it.... (beats me why!!) so you must PM me to say you want it... ANT i'll set you up right now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back