What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What kind of fish is this?

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
Lmao, I was waiting on you to say something lol.

The second picture is what I think of when I think of a woman

hey Clint be nice...........................they are only like that one week out of the month.....give them a lil credit :grin:

Rattler! :angry: That's a very stereotypical comment.

I know that's a popular "good o'l boy" joke but its totally untrue as a general rule.

wierd women or you just like to put women down. Which is it?

Back on topic now! BIG FISH.

:grin: ive run into enough women who are difficult to deal with during that time to know its more than a stereotype.......i grew up in a house hold with 3 of the opposite sex and am currently living in a house with 3 of the opposite sex......i do believe i have enough constant exposure to the opposite sex to have a valid opinion...................just glad my wife doesnt get that way :grin: wish i could say the same about some of my coworkers :0o:

as to big fish..................i hope to reel in a couple next month at the catfish tourny i and a buddy are going to be in :grin:

Actually it was a joke... I meant when I think of sex with the opposite sex I think of that so uhh.. yeah my bad joke is ruined. Sorry lol.

*runs away before Suzanne hits him*

BTW Suzanne I need to send you a PM about someone we both know.

Oh yeah back to giant monsters with teeth. I mean the Tiger Fish :)

Sure as heck that catfish wasn't Grabbled in, geesh

Anyone here actually "grabble" catfish??
I would be a bit too scared to do it- maybe if you could see the things, but the muddy water and the huge beastie-lookin fish would be too much for me I think

Catfish can get huge in the wild, especialy near dams. Divers actually have to take some one ealse when working on the dam because the fish are so BIG. They are the size of people, with an abundace of prey fish, and not much compatition or preditors they can get huge!

Is grabbling the same thing as guddling?

Sheridan, that's the biggest bunch o' hooey I've ever heard. I would debate you further but its not the appropriat topic. :-P-:

I thought it was called noodling.

I already use "noodling" for something else ;)

But Grabblin' is where you swim along a riverbank reaching into "holes" to find catfish, then when one bites yer hand (I think that's how it works, they don't really have teeth) you wrestle the thing onto dry land and take a picture- I suppose folks eat them, ubt a fish the size of many of the "trophy" ones I've seen, I would imagine it'd be pretty toxic to actually eat

The second picture is what I think of when I think of a woman

Me too, but without the teeth.

Oh...then grabbling is different than guddling. I heard guddling is when you stand real still in a creek or river with your hands in the water...and a when fish swims between your hands, you stroke their belly. They get kind of hyp-mo-tized and you then flip them out of the water onto the bank. I don't know if you can really do that or not. Noodling...well...I'm with Carl. :)

How come if women are in a bad mood it MUST be because of hormones but if a man is in a bad mood, he's just in a bad mood. C'mon! These are modern times! Get out of the dark ages. lol I've been around some cranky men and never attributed it to some **** problem.

Clint...at least I'm consistent. lol :p

rarely hormones causing the unpleasantness.............usually cramps.................everyone has bad moods just ask my wife i was stressed out and pissed off for most of the last 2 weeks......2 days working at the greenhouse with a long time friend of mine played hell on my knees but did wonders for my stress levels...............

back to fish..........anyone have tips for fishing for catfish in rivers?.........im in a tournament in about a month and never intentionally fished for them.....have had a couple take a minnow while i was fishing for walleyes but ive never specifically targeted them.

Nasty, spoiled chicken livers. I'm vury, vury surius.

dynamite

From all the fisher-types I've known, I think you might want to make some of them stinky dough balls, rattler.
I've caught plenty of catfish but like you, wasn't really going for them
I do know that if you're lookin for BIG fish, you pretty much have to use BIG bait in as deep a hole as you can find- the biggest one I ever saw caught was maybe 35 pounds. Hope you get a picture-worthy fish

And Suzanne- thanks for tyhat- I didn't know there was yet another way to catch the things, hep-mo-tizin' fish is funny :D

Hey rattler, take some bacon with you. I'm dead serious. :p Dough balls also work well.

As for the fish in the original post... wow. Has to be some insane tarpon/crocodile cross!

There's a catfish blood lure crap, like dough mixed with blood and other yummy stuff my fishermen friends swear by - I don't recall the name of it but you should be able to buy it off the shelf. Stinks to high heaven so I hope you have a strong stomach.

Back