What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We lost PJ last night

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
I am so heartbroken. PJ (mom to Scubee) passed away last night. I found her in her sleeping pouch. I don't know what happened. She just turned a year old on April-9th, I haven't even had her for a year. I am so upset. Shady (her mate, Scubee's dad) barked all night long cause he was calling for her. When I was finally able to get to sleep, all I could dream about was PJ being attacked by something, some sort of monster, when I woke up I realized that she was really gone, it's a horrible feeling. PJ brought so much happiness into our lives. I miss her so damn much. This is so unfair. Why did this happen!

Wow im really sorry to hear this. Did she show any signs of sickness or show any different behaviour?

Thanks Jayson. No she really didn't show any signs before this happened, that's why I'm so confused as to what happened. When I saw her earlier yesterday evening, I put my hand in her cage to pet her and she ran from me, she never did that before. I touched her for a second and she felt a little cold, I even told Jeff that she felt colder than usual. She may have been pregnant (her and Shady did mate about 8 days ago) so Jeff thinks she may have had complications. I really don't know.

Awww I'm so sorry! She was so cute and I know you loved her so much.

I'm SO sorry. I know that's rough...especially a surprise like that. My condolences. :(

Sorry to hear about that Niki! Keep a close eye on your other gliders.

Thank you. Yes I am definetly keeping an eye on the others.

oooh i'm sorry :( it's hard when any pet dies, especially so unexpectedly.... give your other lil guys extra hugs, they're beneficial all around

Sorry, when pets die it sucks! Are you going to get another female eventually or?

I'm sorry:-( losing a pet is always hard...

...I know you can never replace a pet, but I hope that one day, you will have another little glider that will bring happiness into your life, just like she did...

:) -Gabe

Dang! You need a new one... :-(
All the best

Niki,

I read this thread this morning, but didn't have time to respond until now. This news truly breaks my heart. I remember when you first contacted me on IM with some photos. My heart goes out to you.

xvart.

That's so sad, Niki! I'm really sorry. :-( ::hugs::

Awww, picturing a dead glider is like one of the saddest image ever. D:

Sorry for your loss. :/

Back