What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

air/sea show

I took some pics of our 12th annual air/sea show from my balcony. I mean, most of these are "up close and personal"...thought you might enjoy them.

An American Airlines Boeing 777.
AS777asized.jpg

A C-130 cargo aircraft...which in a different configuration becomes the
mighty C-130 Spectre gunship..."Puff the magic dragon".
asC130asized.jpg

A CH46 Sea Knight Marine helicopter.
asCH46SeaNightsized.jpg

A rare photo of the old WW II P-51 Mustang in formation with our newest bad
boy, the F-22 raptor.
asP51F22asized.jpg

Wow! I especially love the CH46 with the ocean and the sky. Beautiful pictures. How much does one of those cost?

xvart.

Cool, I rememeber going to an airshow back in the day... damn was it hot outside, people even had umbrellas.

What floor are you on so that you see the top of the helicopter? That's quite the close-up of a commercial airliner, by the way. Though I hear they aren't all that rare in Florida.

Beautiful pictures. How much does one of those cost?
How much does one of what cost? If you are speaking of the camera...It is an Olympus C-750 UZ. It has a 10x zoom lens, which is equivelant to a 360 mm on a 35 mm film camera. That 777 was a part of the show and did a low pass up the beach...do you suppose Boeing was advertising its newest aircraft?

What floor are you on so that you see the top of the helicopter?
I live on the 18th floor, which is 210 feet above sea level.
I took the following photos at last years show and you can see the Coast Guard helicopters were on the deck.
airshow8sized.jpg

Blue Angels,
airshow1sized.jpg

Blue Angels again
airshow6sized.jpg

Last edited:
The Thunderbirds look just like the Blue Angels...:poke:

and I love the new American Airlines stealth bomber.

Last edited:
The Thunderbirds look just like the Blue Angels...
Ooops! Glad you Caught that. The Thunderbirds were here this year...I got no pics of them...too busy fixin' corned beef and serving refreshments to my guests. The Blue Angels were the ones I took last year. I fixed it. Thanks.

Awsome photos! I love the airliner. That is cool. Those things fly right over my house all the time. Some are pretty dang low as they are coming in for landing at the airport here. I love seeing them but I swear they look like they are heading right at me.

I like big loud planes and trains...oh and helicopters. I especially love it when there is a race here and the fly-over planes go right over the house. Sounds like the sky is being ripped open. They always move too fast for a pic.

Great Pics

I love the C-130, it looks like somone is sitting in the open cargo door waving to you!

I love the C-130, it looks like somone is sitting in the open cargo door waving to you!
Newbie. I did not notice that. The more I look at it, the more I think you may be right. Looks like he is sitting on the cargo door with his foot is hanging over and he is waving. Kool! :usa2:

Do you think that is really a PERSON? Ohmigod I wouldn't sit there for a million dollars. :crazy:

Nice pics, and that guy in the C-130 has the best seat in the house ! Oh and nerves of steel !

Do you think that is really a PERSON? Ohmigod I wouldn't sit there for a million dollars.
Don't worry PAK, before that cargo door is opened each crew member in the cargo area straps on a safety harness. Ozzy, the safety officer, will check your harness to make sure it is properly rigged. Only then will he open the door.
I'm sure you would enjoy the ride. Hehehe. :wave: on the way down.

Xvart...I haven't a clue what a 777 costs. The camera cost me about $300.
Take a look at their newest version of my camera...it has an 18x optical zoom. That is about equivelant to a 500mm lens on a 35 mm film camera. Not only that, Olympus has a 1.7x telecoverter lens to make it even more powerful. It also shoots at 15 frames per second and a waterproof housing is also available. I am thinking about getting one.
Wanna' buy my old one?

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1289

Don't worry PAK, before that cargo door is opened each crew member in the cargo area straps on a safety harness.

That would NOT make it better. lol I'd still be terrified. Heck I was scared to death climbing 60 feet of vertical ladders in a mine. I'd surely be terrified dangling over the entire planet like THAT. lol

That's funny, I'd almost pay a million to get to sit there.

This week the Blue Angles will be at Semore Johnson AFB, their first show since the crash a few weeks ago.

I love air shows.

Back