What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

interesting.............................

26 acre ranch? my parents have a yard thats an acre and a half and its in the middle of town...........cant hardly keep a couple cows on 26 acres........... :grin:

Sure.. a gun may save your life someday.. but consider the costs VERY carefully people.

Steve you are absolutely 100% correct.........never fire warning shots if you arent afraid for your life enough to shoot the person you shouldnt pull the trigger at all. warning shots are ment for animals that dont understand english :grin:

I notice one thing that never seems to get mentioned in any of these discussions.. Do ANY of you realize the world of S*** you will be in if you ever fire your weapon at a person?
Again, not correct.

The jewelry store owner was not charged with anything by Fort Lauderdale Police. In fact, he was portrayed as a brave man by neighboring business owners in a television interview.

I know enough about Florida gun laws to feel safe in stating that, in the scenario I drew, Mr. DeBose would not have been charged with a crime...assuming that he had a CCW permit. His assailant had a firearm, DeBose was in fear for his life, he defended himself with deadly force. Case closed.

I would just like to say that going after someone crossing your property and discharging a firearm is menacing someone while a clear-cut self defence situation such as shooting the people who are breaking into your home is protecting yourself and you will not be charged.
Even people who had unlicensed handguns in NYC have protected themselves from criminals with lethal force and served one night for the fact it was unlicensed.
And unlicensed handguns are a big no-no in NYC...

I'm sorry Lauderdale.. but that is absolutely correct.

You may not be charged in criminal court.. but CIVIL court is another matter entirely.

That Jewelry store owner may not have been charged with any criminal charges.. but if those 2 guys families get a lawyer they can sue him in civil court quite easily. Even if he is found innocent in the civil trial (assuming it makes it to trial) think about all the expenses and hassle he will have to go through. Is it worth all that trouble over a few thousand dollars worth of jewelry that was probably insured in the first place? What if he loses and ends up having to give his home, car, store, and a portion of anything he makes from now till doomsday? Again.. is it worth all that over a few K of insured merchandise?

Same thing with the politicion guy... if he'd actually been mugged he would have been out whatever he had on his person and probably not a whole lot more.

26 acre ranch? my parents have a yard thats an acre and a half and its in the middle of town...........cant hardly keep a couple cows on 26 acres...........

Hey gimme a break.. I live in the heart of a major city... anything larger than a postage stamp is considered a sizable spread... what do I know from a "ranch" lol

Hey gimme a break.. I live in the heart of a major city... anything larger than a postage stamp is considered a sizable spread... what do I know from a "ranch" lol

ill give yah that one :grin:

That Jewelry store owner may not have been charged with any criminal charges.. but if those 2 guys families get a lawyer they can sue him in civil court quite easily.
First off only one guy could sue in civil court...the other is dead. There were surveillance cameras in the store which clearly show one of the men drew his weapon and fired first at the store owner. There were two witnesses.
Both men were crackheads. A crime was commited when the perp chose to carry a concealed weapon. A crime was commited the moment the weapon was fired. I doubt very seriously that any lawyer would attempt to bring that kind of case to a civil court. I doubt there would be any judge who would even agree to hear the case.

Back