What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3. No sales or advertisements; trades/give-aways only are allowed. Some sales ads MAY be allowed under special circumstances; please contact site administrator, Adnedarn (Andrew), to ask permission to post personal/commercial site links or ads. Since we do not allow the positive advertising or discussing of "other" CP vendors, bad reviews also are not allowed. There is no restriction on trades or sales conducted privately via Private Messages (PMs). We do not monitor PMs. Advertising would include talking about or giving URLS to other CP sellers.

I've read that. This all started when I was looking for a red piranha vft. I knew where I could get one. Only thing was the link I had to the place didn't work. I asked if someone could send me a PM and give me the link. He got all bent outta shape about that. There was to be no link on the boards, just in my PM box. He then changed my post and moved it to the trading area. I did not want to trade for one. That is going to give everyone the wrong idea plus who is going to trade me that? What was I going to trade them when I didn't want to trade because I don't keep extra plants. I have my collection and that's it. I don't have space to keep tons. If I like it and want I go find it. I'm good at that. I wanted a hamata, I got a hamata. I wanted a predator, I got a predator. I just posted looking for a villosa. Guess what, it'll be here tomarrow.

Anyways, I got the link over the PM I made my order for it along with some others. Andrew sent me a PM about "maybe" having some. I had already bought it. I told him this. Must have made him upset. It was done and over with.

Well the other day I posted I'm trying to clear some space. I put a list up. Just because my list had a sanguinea on it he took it down. Now after reading that rule up there I thought about it. I am not trying to sell it. I am not advertising for another place. I am not a vendor so I am not trading this huge stock. Just one. Maybe some other neps. That rule up there does not say that because he is trying to sell one that I cannot try to make a private trade. I've seen it done before with other plants. But just because it's me he took it down and is having a problem with that.

Then he and plantakiss keeps sending me PM's harrassing me. I tried to block them but I can't. They keep trying to get me started. That is the point of this so now know what the problem is. Am I wrong for this? No, I don't think so. But you all will agree with him. That is fine.

And yes I said that I don't like you and you know who you are. Everyone should read that and read it good before they start saying that it's towards them. Maybe there's more I wanna say but right now I'm done. I wish to stop talking about this. I will now try and "sell" my plants somewhere else like ebay.

Maybe this would stop if they would stop PMing me. And another thing, if you come down on me about this it is only right that you come down on everyone else for the same reason. I see mentions of other places on active posts right now. You cannot police the law for me and not them. That's not right.

J

Hmmm....no comment, all I can say is :-(

Read the TRADING FORUM RULES stickied in the top of the trading form... I sent you that waaay in the early of this thing. So don't say you didn't know about it.
5) Please don't offer/ask for any plants that are sold here at Pet Fly Trap (Exotic Gardens). Example: "I'm looking for a Green Dragon VFT" is not allowed (if it is something currently in stock)....Thanks!

there is the rule. YES it has not been updated yet to read flytrapshop.com BUT we had some discussions about the last "problem" less than a month ago where it was made clear to you what store was mine. And we are in the middle of updating it since you can see a more recent post up there along with Schloaty's. We'll probably attach it to the bottom of the general forum rules too since it's so hard to find in the trade forum aparently.

as far as your trades go... CONGRATS on using the trade forum correctly! I'm glad you have stuff to get rid of and stuff you would like to get. I'm sorry there are a few items we'd like you to not trade. That's the rule.

As far as me harassing you :-)) :-)) :-)) hahahhaaaa.... I've sent a reply PM for each of your PMs, that's it. I've tried explaining to you the rules and such, and all you do is talk about your "rights" and that I'm picking on you. And I keep saying to you "Follow the rules, and I won't have to contact your or edit your posts."

And for other people trading off plants I sell.. REMEMBER that I just bought the forum and opened my store. While there was no open store, we didn't apply that rule. We thought about allowing sales also during that time but this is EXACTLY the reason we didn't... Once the store opened and sales went away, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to get some people to stop selling because "they were allowed to do it before"

As far as mentions of other stores that havn't been moderated... That isn't because we're picking on you, it's because it is because it is impossible for us to read everything. That is why there is the "report" button (man.. i explained this to you in PM also!)

I think I've covered everything... And AGAIN the bottom line is, read the rules, follow the rules and you wont' have a mod/admin contacting your or changing stuff.
Any other questions?
Andrew

What are you so popular and important that this is just a big conspiracy against you? Can you not READ? you must be atleast somewhat literate because you use these forums. ANDREW'S forums. He's the owner. Do you not have a concept of rules and authority? Why must you challenge his authority and make an *** out of yourself, especially in public, where the few people who have respect for you can lose it? Who gives a damn about our N. hamata or 'Predator' or N. villosa? what does that have to do with ANYTHING? You seem to be a scared little boy inside and i think deep down you are overcompensating for something by constantly pushing people away, making a big bad front and challenging the staff of this forum and accusing them of HARASSING you! You realize this is LAUGHABLE that the OWNER of this forum who LETS you post here for FREE would harass you, don't you? Suzanne harassing someone? Are you high or something? If you don't like the way things work around here and don't want to grow up and follow a FEW VERY SIMPLE RULES then leave.

grow up dude. get over it. lets see you make your own board. pay for it like Andrew does and have an open sales forum. while at the same time running your own buisness. "the best way to solve a problem or resolve a conflict is to put ones self in another persons shoes." that quote is on the wall in one of my teachers class. i use it all the time. how about you use it.
Suzanne harassing someone? Are you high or something?
amen. why on earth would a leader of the board harass an ignorant person because they dont follow rules? what do you consider harassing? am i harassing you right now?!?!
i agree with everyone else... grow up. or go away.

Alex
(a pre-thought-out and mature statements from a 16 year old :))

EDIT:
Maybe this would stop if they would stop PMing me.
why do you think they PM you in the first place!? you break the rules constantly and aren't very fun person to talk to like almost EVERYONE on Terra Forums. you are the one who starts it. they are the ones whos trying to end it. dont think you can turn our thoughts around so you can add us to your little "rebellion". i dont buy it and no one else does. if you want to talk **** about the mods. go talk to Matti. you and him could be good friends :)

I agree.. Accept the rules or please move on. The rules have been in place for YEARS.. Almost every other person who participates on this forum knows them, accepts them and abides by them. If you can't do that, then please find another forum to visit. These kind of public attempts to undermine the way things work here are both childish and ineffective.

Bottom line... You have NO "rights" here. None of us do. We are ALLOWED to use this forum by the generosity of Andy, and through the hard work of all the moderators. Thats all.. nothing more. No "rights".. no "freedom" no nothing.. this is a private forum and the owner has the ONLY rights here, period.

Let it go............

I think you need to water your plants.

I don't see any reason to attack JM and I don't see any reason for JM to take things personally. This is a classic example of something that two people would work out in a few seconds face to face, but it boils up into a brawl in a forum. It's Andrew's house and we have to follow his rules. But he can enforce them himself (with help from mods)with no need for anyone else getting in a few kicks.

I am not taking either side, however, there are ways to talk to people without condenscending. The terms and phrases "are you high?", ***, and "grow up" will not make you many friends or encourage an unheated discussion. Where are the mods for this inflammatory language?

I don't see any reason to attack JM and I don't see any reason for JM to take things personally. This is a classic example of something that two people would work out in a few seconds face to face,
I send out about 3 pms a day (mostly to newbies) reminding them of the rules... and it almost always goes "oh sorry about that! thanks!" and it's done. So in real life, or a forum.. this is easily "fixed" imho

The terms and phrases "are you high?", ***, and "grow up" will not make you many friends or encourage an unheated discussion. Where are the mods for this inflammatory language?

This is true. While Murphy did open this up on public forum open for discussion. Please be nice when you give your side. No matter what your view. There are ways to express yourself without that type of talk.
as far as "Where's the mods.." I dunno about everyone else.. But I'm dealing with 2 kids, dealing with this, and filing my store's taxes right now. Hehe.

I am not taking either side, however, there are ways to talk to people without condenscending. The terms and phrases "are you high?", ***, and "grow up" will not make you many friends or encourage an unheated discussion. Where are the mods for this inflammatory language?

You are right. I have edited my post to correct the inflamatory statement.

Steve

Mod's aren't chained to their computers reviewing everything we say, with Andrew whipping them like Humungus a la The Road Warrior style. Much less leather, too.

Yeah that's pretty much what i meant. :lac:

You know I think I will leave and stop using these forums. Those who helped me out with things thanks and have a good life.

Peace,
J

Zappa,

I hear what you are saying and in some ways I agree and in others I disagree.

For example, calling someone an *** is indeed condesending but telling someone they are making an *** of themself is is more pointing out that their behaviour is not that of a rational person. Certainly it could be interpreted as condesending.

Likewise, telling someone to grow up is not necessarily condesending. If some person is acting like a toddler by throwing a temper tantrum but that person is actually a teen or adult then telling them to grow up is again pointing out that their behaviour is not what would be expected of someone who wants to be taken as an adult. That is not condesending, it is addressing a problem. You can not have an adult conversation with someone who will not behave as an adult. Telling them they are not behaving as an adult lets them know that the conversation can not progress.

Addressing your question of where the mods are. As has been mentioned, we are not online 24/7. All this went down after I left work for the day and so I did not know about it till I got back this morning. Kind of too late for me to act on it now

I did not send JMurph "harrassing" PMs. He started this issue by not complying with the rules and then not only arguing about it but he continued to make personal jabs at Andrew in unrelated topics (i.e. the NASC Auction topic). Doing my job as a mod AND as head of the NASC auction, I contacted JM to tell him to stop making rude, off-topic comments and of course I got an ugly reply back. He couldn't just say, "I was wrong, I'm sorry." Nope. He's always the victim. He asked me how he could get these PMs to stop. I wrote him a "harrassing" PM back saying "Follow the rules and silence is golden."

And I'm sorry but I have a life as well. Moderators are here as often as possible but we have other things to do. This isn't a paying job...its donated time.
I was dealing with the Comcast technician for the third time in two weeks followed by a NASC meeting.

All this went down after I left work for the day and so I did not know about it till I got back this morning. Kind of too late for me to act on it now

I was dealing with the Comcast technician for the third time in two weeks followed by a NASC meeting.

I don't think explanations are needed on why these supposed problems weren't addressed in a reasonable time. I think most everyone here knows that mods are not logged on every second of everyday. We all thank you for the work you do here, especially since I never really see much "moderation" in the threads, so most of it goes on behind the scenes. You all are resources that I enjoy sharing stories with and gaining knowledge from. Hopefully we won't cross paths in any other capacity in the future! :-))

xvart.

Thank you xvart. As a Mod I appreciate it, as a fellow grower I appreciate it and as a person I appreciate it.

Thank you so much Xvart. :) We all appreciate the support.

Personally I think its a fantastic community here. I've "met" some of the nicest people via this forum over the years.

And considering all that Andrew has on his plate, I think he does a super job here. :)

I would just like to say that if Andrew was offering to sell him a Red Pirrahna that's sounds like he was being consulitory. You don't see those for sale and I'm sure there's others who have done more for this board that would jump at the chance for one of those...

Also, the scariest time in a buisiness is the first few months. Setting up shop and buying these boards is not only an investment, it's a great risk. I know Andrew will do well here (ya can't beat this kinda advertising) and I think we should give him as much support as we can to help him be successful.

Oh yeah, an I've heard it before for mentioning other vendors in discussions... made a mistake, now I'm more careful. It's ain't that difficult.....

Don't wanna follow the rules, don't play the game.

At the same time though, I don't like to see someone ganged up on and attacked.. although it kinda looked like homeboy was lookin to scrap.

Back