What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone heere read any manga?

gemini_girl

Split Personality
Just curious. I just started reading Death Note it's realy good. I realy recomend it! I need a death note LOL.:-))

I've been reading Ranma 1/2. I used to watch the series but I thought I'd start reading the book. I also started reading Tuxedo Gin. Decent but not as good as Ranma.

I've been reading this stuff for awhile, anything good in the big comic store by my job really...
For Manga I do like Dragon Ball, the original one when he was little.
Apocolypse Meow is suprisenly good.
Sarai is a favorite.

For other stuff you can't go wrong with Kolchaka, Tony Millionaire, Mignola, Woodring and something that is turning out to be epic is Dungeon, I think it's french and it's really good!

Ima big animation fan too, no matter what time period or country.

These are art forms that are little appreciated I feel...

I read...

.hack (all of em)
Kingdom Hearts
Culdcept
Naruto
King of Bandits Jing
Saiyuki
Angel Sanctuary (only the first one)
Star Ocean 2
Star Ocean Blue Sphere
Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time

I actually haven't read a whole lot of anything lately. If I read when anything else is going on, I forget what I've been reading so there isn't a whole lot of opportunity for me to read... especially during the school year. Some of those I read online cuz they're not out in the US. I prefer to watch more anime than manga.. though sometimes the manga is better.

gemini_girl, I just got done downloading all of Death Note (the anime) and I downloaded the two live action movies too. Haven't gotten around to watching them yet, but I've seen lots of good reviews of it though. So it's been licensed in the US then? I should go to the book store and grab some of the manga.

I don't care for Death Note, though my daughter thinks it's great. I like Bleach. Naruto's good too. Flame of Recca is somewhere in between them, and xxxHolic is pretty good, though Watanuki's "tizzy fits" get tiresome. Others I like are Black Cat, YuYu Hakusho, Scrapped Princess, and Busou Renkin, to name a few I can think of off the top of my head. I also like the anime versions of Busou Renkin, Bleach (my favorite), Naruto, and xxxHolic.

Huzzah for Ranma! I'm also a big fan of Detective Conan. I like a lot of the older manga more than what's going on now, although I am trying to follow Fullmetal Alchemist and Bleach.
~Joe

Is Akira considering Manga or is it Anime? I'm not sure what the differences are, but I have been insanely interested in reading Akira. I actually checked it out at the public library but did not have time to read to far into it. Maybe now that it is summer...

xvart.

Manga are comic series. Anime are animations - the term encompasses both films and television programs.
~Joe

I only have 4 books:
-Complete G-Gundam Series (3 books)
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz (1 book)

I have read parts from other series, but that was back in middle school and early high school, so I don't remember....

These are the anime series I used to watch:
-Dragonball
-Dragonball Z
-Dragonball GT
-Gundam Wing
-G Gundam
-Pokemon (still have my trading cards)
-Yu-Gi-Oh! (still have my deck)
-Escaflowne
-Cowboy Bebop
-Tenchi Muyo!
-Zoids
-Gundam 0080

I currently don't watch any anime. I don't have time, and as most of you probaly know, watching a series takes time and dedication. :)

you guys should read Love Hina. Its hilarious.

I read Almanacks as a kid. Boy am I a nerd!

Wow I am not even gonna try and beat that in amounts of nerdiness.

I'm not even about to list all the anime I've seen.. it'd take like an hour to remember em all. :p

you guys should read Love Hina. Its hilarious.

Love Hina is great!!!!!! Im going to the anime expo here in june/july I can't wait.... can't decide who to cosplay as though.:boogie: I also love bleach!

I read Naruto and Dragonball Z Viz Novels.

Anyone going to Otakon? :D

I'm thinking of cosplaying as Final Form Sora. A friend of mine is going as Roxas. (From KH)

I want to go but I can't afford to travel :-(

Mixing Disney with Final Fantasy is an abomination.

You'd think so, but no. I was skeptical when it was first announced but I freakin' love em both. The FF characters don't really interact with the Disney characters a whole lot anyways.

Don't be prejudice against it. >:p

There is a HUGE fan base for it. I feel like I'm a little old for Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse, maybe I am just being prejudiced. I wish I had a PS3 so I could play the Fabula Nova Chrysalis FF games that are gonna come out soon :(

If 600 of our members each send me a dollar, I'll have enough money lmao

:boogie: Squeeeeeeeee! i got my PS3 for x-mas:boogie: Yup im spoiled LOL..

Back