What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FedEx

• Thread starter glider14
  • Start date

glider14

Always a newbie
i ordered some plants last week and i got notification of their shipment via FedEx ground yesterday. would i have to be at my house in order to receive my package? is there any way i could tell the guy just to leave the box there and i get it when i get home? the mail man(USPS) already has gone around when i get home from school.... so i always have packages waiting :)
Alex

I do belive that you have to tell them if you need to sign or just leave the package there.

The FedEx guy always leaves my packages in the back. The only issue is if you don't sign on delivery the sender may not cover any plants that are DOA

I can't remember if it is FedEx or not but sometimes a signed note left on your door will suffice for a signature if needed.

fedex and usps always made me sign for my packages. so, i guess it depends on your delivery person.

UPS never makes me sign, I've only had something fedexed to my once and I don't recall having to sign that either. With some things I'd wish they did make you sign.. like when they leave half of your computer parts on the doorstep of your next door neighbor. >_> Good thing I check the delivery statuses online. :D It said 'Delivered' but it wasn't on my doorstep or in my garage.. soo... I ran over and grabbed it off their doorstep, lol.

Updated July 17, 2006

FedEx Express Residential Delivery Signature Policy Change

FedEx is changing the signature policy for FedEx Express® shipments to residences.

* Beginning in fall 2005, FedEx will no longer require a signature for express shipments delivered to residences. This change will make our FedEx Express residential delivery policy consistent with our policy for FedEx Ground® and FedEx Home Delivery® shipments. If a signature is needed for a residential shipment, shippers must choose one of the new FedEx Delivery Signature Options.

Please note:

* The policy for FedEx Express shipments to nonresidential addresses is not changing. FedEx will attempt to obtain a signature from someone at the delivery address or a neighboring address, and no fee will apply.

See the FedEx Express Terms and Conditions in the FedEx Service Guide for complete information about our residential delivery policy.

http://www.fedex.com/us/update1.html

Fed Ex had no problem leaving about 900 dollars worth of hardware on my front doorstep when no one was home. :-\

Back