What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of my cats...

gemini_girl

Split Personality
they are all brats but I love em....
Nadine (she is 17 years old)
Nadine.jpg

nadine.jpg

Cookie (one of our diabetic cats)
cookie.jpg

Angel (our other diabetic cat and cookies daughter)
angel1.jpg

angel.jpg

And Bubbles she hates everyone... even me
bubbles.jpg

Cute. Angel's my fave!

I saw the coolest pastel calico at the pet store today!

Wow 17!!! It matches my other cat

Quite the cat family you have there.. Thanks for sharing

I love cats. They aren't as clingy as dogs. A diabetic cat... who would of thought. I can't pick a favorite because they are all so pretty. 17 is pretty old for a cat. I have 2 that are 15 and 16, and then we have one that was a stray that is 2 or 3.

Cute cats. Do you test the diabetic cat's blood sugars?

xvart.

We get blood tests at the vet every so often and they get a shot in the morning and in the eveing. Apparently it is easier to treat a diabetic kitty than a person. But suprisingly it is not that uncommon I know at least 3 other cats at my vet office that are diabetic.

We see a *lot* of diabetic cats at my animal hospital... it's easy to deal with so long as the cat tolerates you poking it with a needle once or twice a day ;) Pets are kinda stuck eating whatever food we give them so diet isn't really an issue; a few companies make diabetic foods and I know of a few patients whose disease is controlled just by that.

Very pretty kitties :) But how do they get along with your rats??! ;)

I have a calico cat. We named her kitty because no knew how to spel shiniqua or something like that witch all the kids on the street named her when she was a stray. She was a kitten at a dumpster (next to it) and my next door neihgbor pet her then she followed my brothers and him home about halfway so my neighbor just picked her up and took her the rest of the way. She spelt on or porch every night so we started to feed her some dog food then we bought cat food then finally we let her inside and hope my german shepard like her and he did. We adoapted her right before another neibor was who didn't know we were but found out the next time they saw her with a colar on. They also planned to name her Kitty. She has never used her calls on any person in her life but, nips you at midnight or latter if you don't pet her. She has swatted our puppy a few times though for jumping on her. Now the dog swatts like a cat at his ball.

And your plants?

xvart.

As far as Plants they are pretty well behaved and I just keep my plants in their off limits areas. As for the rats... ever see a 17 lbs cat get chased of the bed by a rat well I have. The kitties learn quick a rat cage is no palce for a paw or nose (everyone except Nadine has gotten a warning nip). My big male rat (who is a 1 lbs or alittle over) taught them to be wary. I have only ever lost a plat to my rat brats.....

As far as Plants they are pretty well behaved and I just keep my plants in their off limits areas.

Glad to hear your plants are well behaved! It's always good that they understand their boundaries! lol. Just kidding.

xvart.

Nice looking cats! Someday we hope to get a Maine Coon kitten.

KITTIES!!!! lol i love cats

LOL me too now i have picked up a stray that was dumped a calico, she is declawed and spayed already...

Back