What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hiking pics

• Thread starter elgecko
  • Start date

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Here are some pics from my hike in Ricketts Glen.

The main hike.
RGhike.jpg

Some waterfalls. I took pics of almost every waterfall. This is a small sampler.
Picture-7312wf.jpg

Picture-7246wf.jpg

Picture-7244wf.jpg

Picture-7234wf.jpg

Picture-7229wf.jpg

Picture-7187wf.jpg

Some other life.
Picture-7266snake.jpg

Picture-7215frog.jpg

Picture-7297DF.jpg

Picture-7279DF.jpg

Some plants.
Picture-7328flower.jpg

Picture-7275flower.jpg

I'm glad the site that has D. intermedia and some kind of aquatic bladderwort is still doing well.
Picture-7186utric.jpg

Picture-7176sun.jpg

Picture-7180sun.jpg

I love it! The waterfall pics are great especially.

Very nice! Great shots with great subject matter. What camera are you using? (Sorry, you've probably asnwered this about a billion times.)

Where is Rickets Glen?

It's a state park in PA, near Wilkes-Barre.

Cool! I love the dragonfly!!:)

Amazing pictures. I can't believe some of those shots you found (i.e. the dragonfly). You should work for National Geographic or something!

The waterfalls are beautiful. On the first topographical picture, did you add the lines for the trail you hiked or did some computer program map it out?

xvart.

Very nice Steve,I like the waterfalls!

Jerry

Thanks for the comments.

Est,
The camera is a Sony Alpha. All the pics posted were taken with a Sony 18-70 zoom lens.

xvart,
I used my GPS to get the trail I hiked. I did have to fix it up some. When I got deeper into the canyon I had poor satellite reception and it lost reception from time to time.

Whoo. I've gotten lost in the woods twice and it's SCARY! Especially when you start to have trouble breathing because you panic. I remember wishing I had a GPS.

I still can't believe that places like that exist in PA. I can't wait to go and see some of them myself.

Wow, wow, wow!!! You always take such awesome pics! And I agree with xvart, you need to work for National Geographic! Good job! It looks so beautiful there!

Back