What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Hogzilla" photo

Hogzilla was true but far away from the size they claimed. Saw a documentary about that case ;) But this one seems an hoax to me.

i actually know a guy that lives about 50 miles from where the above hog was shot. its true, the hog was actually shot and its a monsterous pig, maybe a world record but........................

the above photo has been staged. the kid is sitting about 10 feet back from the hog. i have seen another pic where the kid and his dad are standing closer to the hog while its being hung from the bucket of a loader and the hog is considerably smaller looking but still huge. see here:
bigpig2.jpg

course this isnt quite right aswell cause they are still standing slightly behind it

also the hog was trapped in the wild, placed in a high fence "wildlife refuge" type setting. not sure how big of a high fence area and given the animal i really dont care as they are destroying the enviroment. but chances are that hog saw alot of processed stock type food instead of normal wild feed.

anyways good for the kid, its the hog of a life time either way. and one less pig in the wild is a good thing

Ah the hunter pose. That's how all hunters/fishermen/etc do it. You ALWAYS stand/hold the trophy as far in front of you as possible w/o looking unnatural. How else do you think we hunters come up with such great stories?:devil:

lol that hog is big enough there is no staging needed.....had i shot the dang thing i would have got a pic of me sitting on it to prove how big it was and so no one could argue with me over the photo being staged.........however i seem to be one of the few who is looking to accuratly portray what i got :grin:

Well that kid is lucky, if he didn't shot it right it would have killed HIM. Also who gives an 11 year old a revolver with bullets?:crazy:

Also who gives an 11 year old a revolver with bullets?:crazy:

depends on the parents...............depending on where your at its actually very common. i know of ppl who started learning to shoot when they were 4 or 5. my stepdaughter has personally owned a "high powered" rifle since she was 10. its in my safe but it was given to her. it does not get shot by anyone without her being asked first. its more than big enough for deer black bear or hogs and even totally suitible for elk or moose. though on the light side for griz. she also shoots it very well. soooooooooooo depends on the kid, the parents and the area.........

I remember watching a documentary on “Hogzilla” on the National Geographic channel. I remember that they stated that the pig ate this special feed that a man was using on his fish. It was packed with proteins and allowed him (the guy) to grow one of his fish up to five pounds, which was a record for the species.

Anyway they dug up Hogzilla from his grave and examined the corpse and took DNA samples. It turned out that the pig was a cross between a domestic pig and a feral pig. They also concluded that the pig was portrayed a bit larger on the photograph (proportion-wise) than he actually was in reality (according to their measurements of the corpse).

I had my .22 given to me at around 8, my .410 at around 8, and my .25-6 around 13. I was shooting before I was given anything. Here in the south it is very common to be shooting very early.

Well that kid is lucky, if he didn't shot it right it would have killed HIM. Also who gives an 11 year old a revolver with bullets?
I was raised on a farm and given an old worn out H&R 9 shot .22 revolver for my ninth birthday. I doubt if my granfather paid more than two bucks for it but I was really proud to be given the responsibility of owning it. I had to buy my own cartridges and put many a rabbit, squirrel, pheasant and quail on the table. I still have it but now deem it too worn out to shoot. I can move the cylinder backwards...not a good thing.

heres the latest on the pig:
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- State wildlife officials said Wednesday they want to know how the huge hog dubbed "Monster Pig" got into a fenced hunting preserve where it was chased down and shot to death by an 11-year-old boy.

The young hunter is not accused of doing anything illegal, but the head enforcement officer for Alabama's wildlife agency said agents are trying to determine if anyone broke a state law prohibiting the transportation and release of live feral swine.

"There are some questions about where the animal came from, how he got there, how long he'd been there," said Allan Andress, enforcement chief for the Alabama Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries Division.

Andress said officials also will review whether the hunt complied with the state's "fair chase" law, which requires that prey at hunting plantations have a reasonable chance of escape.

Eddy Borden, the owner of the spread where the hunt occurred, declined comment on how the hog got into the 150-acre fenced-in area where it was killed last month by Jamison Stone of Pickensville.

Borden said he was getting tired of questions about the hog, which Jamison's father said weighed 1,051 pounds and measured 9 feet, 4 inches from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail. The kill drew international attention.

"I didn't ask for the publicity. I just want it to all go away," said Borden, whose Lost Creek Plantation is located in east Alabama.

Keith O'Neal, one of the guides who accompanied Jamison and father Mike Stone on the paid hunt, said he was unsure if the super swine was placed in the enclosure or grew up it.

Jamison was hunting with his father and the guides on May 3 when he killed the giant pig. He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50-caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot.

Mike Stone said neither he nor his son did anything wrong.

"It's an 11-year-old boy who went hunting," said Mike Stone. "He was enjoying all the attention at first, but it's all getting old."

Andress said there is nothing illegal about a child hunting in Alabama

150 acres.......................take alot of corn to grow a pig that big on 150 acres :grin:

Aaa Haaaw! A .50 cal. Probably a S&W. I noticed a compensator on the barrel. He probably needed that as it IS a real cannon. Kaaboom! :0o:
All in all, I would say that was a heck of an accomplishment for a 11 year old.

500S&W..............big arse cannon......ill stick to the 44 mag in a revolver thank you very much.........ive held one of the 500's and while it balanced well, for another 2 pounds in weight ill haul around my Kimber Montana rifle in 260 Rem.

:0o: Scary looking ! I don't know pigs creep me out anyway......*runs away*

If the claims are accurate, Jamison Stone's trophy boar would be bigger than Hogzilla, the famed wild hog that grew to seemingly mythical proportions after being killed in south Georgia in 2004.
Sounds more like a giant zombie pig to me guys. :-))

Back