What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skeptics of Global Warming

Global warming is indeed happening, but not the way people like Al Gore say it is. It is his prediction that earth will be inhospitable in 50 years. BULLCRAP. Like I wrote in a paper one time, the earth is extremely adaptable but also very fragile. Adaptable in that it is still here, fragile in that balances can be thrown off.

Very interesting.

I'm not a skeptic, but a skeptic that anything can be done. A lot of personal effort, undermined by countries such as China, for little tangible gain is not worth it in my opinion. It may be seen as a terrible attitude, but there you go.

They all seem well answered arguments, but I've no doubt someone with more knowlege than me could point out numerous flaws. For a sense of balance, shouldn't there be a section on global warming doubts?

I agree that it is happening, but not necessarily in such a way that is being hyped by the media and political forces (however, I do applaud the "change" that some of them might be inspiring). The earth has changed climate and temperature many many many times, most of which happened prior to technological advances.

On the topic of global warming, has anyone read Michael Crichton's "State of Fear?" He addresses the issue of lobbiests and the media and information about global warming. Of course, it is a little sensationalized for the sake of being a book. Many skeptics would probably find this book to be a worthwhile read since he does include a lot of charts, facts, and data to support the global trend over the years.

xvart.

i am with Wes, global warming is happening but think Gore doesnt have two brain cells to rub together and is full of enough fertilizer to keep an average sized farm going for many years.......................

I would like to address the following to a skeptic: Even if global warming is not happening (and I am not saying it isn’t), are the actions that people are taking to prevent it necessarily bad? Increased recycling, increased education/awareness of endangered species or the environment in general, regulation of CFCs, increased use of energy efficient appliances, etc. seem to be helping the planet anyway. Even if “it’s not occurring”, our actions will still be helping the planet. What’s the big deal? Is JUST that the politicians want credit for being right or wrong and fighting for their view and establishing a following?

are the actions that people are taking to prevent it necessarily bad?

If taxes are introduced under the guise of them being green, then yes.

In Manchester the council want to introduce road congestion charging, which is absolutely disgraceful.

Its called climate change, not climate OBLIDERATION as some in the media and politics would have us think

Back