What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bullfrog

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
Last night we got a lot of rain thanks to Tropical storm Barry. I was coming home and less than a mile from my house and saw a huge frog laying in the road. I assumed that it, like the hundreds of other frogs that I saw on the road last night, was dead. So I didn't stop. I had to get home and unload a boat from a friends truck. As soon as the boat was unloaded I had to go to the bank. As I passed by I saw the frog still laying in the road. I still didn't stop. On the way back from the bank I was planning to stop and just take a look at it. As I approached it I saw it was facing a different way than it had been. I stopped expecting to see a dead frog. I couldn't see any injuries but he didn't try to get away from me. I picked him up and he was limp in my hand. His legs just hung down. Even though he seemed very alert and aware I was holding him, he never tried to get away. I decided to take him home to get a better look at him to see if he was ok. I drove the rest of the way home holding him in my hand and he never made a move. I got home and put him in a casserole dish with some water. He just laid there and never even tried to jump out. The next morning he was sitting up and moving around, but he still doesn't really try to get away. I took him outside to see if he would act normal and try to get away. If he seemed back to normal I was going to release him. I put him in the grass and took some pics but he wouldn't hop away. So after taking the pics I started making a more permanent home for him. While I did this he just sat in the grass. Here are the pics I took.

215366397O293761281.jpg

215366404O101610051.jpg
215366427RL466345063.jpg
215366429O829619851.jpg
215366433O868776521.jpg
215366442O671187829.jpg
215366467O736467989.jpg

Here's his new home, for a while anyway.
215366474O184950666.jpg
215366476O272767656.jpg

Last edited:
Poor Jeremiah. Maybe his spine is broken or something. :( Or he's sick.

Maybe you can nurse him back to health. Or maybe you should kiss him and see what happens. :lol:

Frog trauma.

I hope he likes his new home.

Thanks for fixing my post Pak. Why don't you kiss him and see what happens.
215366442O671187829.jpg
I'm sure it's frog trauma, but I can't find any reasons for it.

like i told yah the poor thing might just have got himself knocked silly...................hopefully he'll snap out of it in a day or two..........maybe Pyro will have an idea in the morning....he's another frog guy..........

Let's hope it doesn't croak on you.

If it does, well you have the casserole dish ready...

What a cutie! That's kind of you to take him in. Here's hoping his behavior isn't the result of a permanent injury.
~Joe

Beautiful frog. Keep us updated on his progress.

awww....ozzy's made a new friend.

hope his legs are not broken or something.

haha maybe he's just lazy

Maybe it swallered a bellyful of quail shot like the Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County...

Maybe he's been licking some high school kids.

Lol, it would be so funny if he just had gas one one night he really let out a big one lmao.

brrrr...brrrr.... FART!.....brrrr....

Lol, it would be so funny if he just had gas one one night he really let out a big one lmao.

brrrr...brrrr.... FART!.....brrrr....

It would be even funnier if they smelled terrible

Y'all are a sick bunch. lol

Personally I've never known a fart to smell NICE. :-/

So....how's the frog?

Last edited:
Back