What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Bird on the Bush is worth Two in the Tree

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Foul Political Statement by Wildlife

Recently I was on a hike through the woods with the ever-curious Ollie Bean.

OllieatBP5_07RS.sized.jpg

Ollie is always "on the sniff" reading the woodland newspaper as we walk. He suddenly pulled hard off to the left to investigate something. I let him go and watched him intensely sniffing something. Then I saw the telltale drop of the shoulder--he was getting ready to roll!!! Knowing dogs' propensity for rolling in nasty stuff, I hauled him back before he could get down on the ground and then went to see what captured his "foul" radar. First glance revealed a rather large bird splat (possibly owl or hawk?). Then something else caught my eye. There was an object lying right beside the splat. When I realized what I was looking at I starting laughing! NOT something you'd ever expect to see in the middle of the woods.

I took it as a strong political statement by an activist fowl aimed at our current President who's poor record on conservation drew this foul commentary. Couldn't have said it better myself!

Now what are the odds of seeing something like THIS in the middle of the woods? I am eternally amazed by the things I see in out in nature! :-))

fowlcommentary.sized.jpg

And just for some additional humor, a package arrived in our office today addressed to one of our agents. From the label it was apparently a shipment of some kind of liquor. The additional comment on the label had us all laughing. I assume there is some legal requirement for it to be on there...but...WHAT was the reason behind it? I can't imagine... is it that often an occurence that people are reeling drunk when they receive liquor shipments in the mail?? I don't get it...:scratch:

packagelabel.sized.jpg

Good stuff. My guess about that label is that it's in following with the liquor laws that many states have about serving alcohol to visibly intoxicated persons, the same way that they'd cut you off at a bar after you've had too much.
~Joe

You're probably right but...at least in a bar you'd EXPECT to have "intoxicated persons". Not sure how many drunk people open the door to take a package from a mailperson. I guess its kinda like the warning label on a bottle of sleeping pills that says "May cause drowsiness." lol

Last edited:
Lol, omg. I see the title of the page, Bird poops on Predisent Bush, then I look at the video and it says "Will seek additional sanctions" lmao!

Someone should make a movie and call it "The Birds". hehe

Hmmmm....I feel a little deja vu.....

Back