What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Westell modems

• Thread starter Wesley
  • Start date

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
Anyone else using one of these things? I've grown to hate it. It has gotten to the point to where it disconnects almost every time I use my internet connection. Has anyone had this happen to them? I swear if I talk to another one of those annoying tech support people again, I'm gonna kill someone. If anyone has dealt with this, what did you do to fix it?

Westell modems are for broadband: DSL, cable or wireless.

Do you own the modem? If not have your ISP send you a new one.

We got the modem when we upgraded. It'd cost a pretty hefty sum if we had them send a new modem, but I'm starting to think it'd be worth it if it fixed the problem.

You might find a used one on eBay for a lot cheaper. Or a compatible one. I might have a spare Broadmax/LinkMax if it's compatible - DSL right?

Otherwise it could be a line or configuration problem on the phone companies side. Just keep escalating the support levels if that's the case. Phone companies usually solve the problem unless you are just too physically distant from the CO. It might take them awhile though.

I have a Westell modem supplied by Bellsouth. It has given me no trouble. If it slows down I simply unplug it overnight, as the manual states, and that seems to solve the problem.

Back