What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NASC Auction ends TODAY!!!

Dang... my post on the D. dichotoma 'giant' didn't go in. I wanted that one the most too. See, I was so hyped up about it reading about it in The Savage Garden and I liked the description of it and I didn't get it! Urgh! Irony people irony!

Did anyone else get that thing where you felt like your heart was in your throat, your face got really hot, and your arms and legs and your heart beated faster? Happened to me. I had to turn on the air conditioner!

Hey man, like I got the fossil!!!!!!

Yes I had the shakes bigtime at the end!
JMatt

Congrats to everyone that won something and if you didnt there is always next year. lol i still cant belive i won something:-O

You think the ending feeling is strange? Wait until you find out you don't have enough money.

Note: The NASC has bookee's all across the U.S. They have official, NASC sanctioned baseball bats. :nana: :D

You think the ending feeling is strange? Wait until you find out you don't have enough money.

Note: The NASC has bookee's all across the U.S. They have official, NASC sanctioned baseball bats. :nana: :D

This is why I had to surrender on a couple of items I really wanted. I appreciate the cause, but my bank account can only take but so much punishment :p

Speaking of which, ozzy appears to have gotten himself in over his head :p

If he did he can always give me the D. dichotoma 'giant' large auction :p hahaha. Just kidding. :)

Yeah, I think he bidded on a bunch of stuff, not wanting EVERYTHING just SOMETHING at the very end. Looks like this year didn't get flooded that bad.

Yes, at the moment the server clock rolled i just closed down thsy whole forum... the few that got in at 1000 was due to the sever lag... then i went in and edited the permissions for each user group (mods, registered users, thank you members, guests, admin, etc) so they could view the forum... in a few days when i'm told it's time, i will open it back up to replys so people can post when they receive their plant etc...

making it disappear was all dramatic eh? like DID I WIN!?!! Where'd it go?! What happened?!!! hehe plus, let everyone sitting around know it was done :)

Good job all :)

Speaking of which, ozzy appears to have gotten himself in over his head :p

No way, the salary for being a NASC board member is so good that we could have afforded everything in the auction ten times over.

Why are you looking at me like that? Nonprofit? Volunteer? WHAT?! :p

Hey!!! You mean we get PAID for doing this? hahahaha! :-)) That's a good one.

I didn't know I won so much stuff. I bow to Jonathan, owner of Leah! :hail: Good job! (Especially bidding against yourself). lol

Hey!!! You mean we get PAID for doing this? hahahaha! :-)) That's a good one.

I didn't know I won so much stuff. I bow to Jonathan, owner of Leah! :hail: Good job! (Especially bidding against yourself). lol

So does he pay the higher amount? lol.

xvart.

Good job! (Especially bidding against yourself). lol

Now if only I'd done so for that hotsauce you offered! :p

I believe he does, yes.

I already sent paypal. I sent an E-check, hope that's OK.

So does he pay the higher amount? lol.

Yup, no special treatment for board members. lol

What if you accidentally bid too fast and didn't realize for $3 more you could get free shipping. Could you just overpay $3? :)

Dang... my post on the D. dichotoma 'giant' didn't go in. I wanted that one the most too. See, I was so hyped up about it reading about it in The Savage Garden and I liked the description of it and I didn't get it! Urgh! Irony people irony!

Did anyone else get that thing where you felt like your heart was in your throat, your face got really hot, and your arms and legs and your heart beated faster? Happened to me. I had to turn on the air conditioner!

Hey NeciFix,

Don't hesitate next time. Auctions are like family-style dinners. If you wait too long to reach for something, you're not going to get it. Sometimes you have to use both elbows.

The first time I felt like that was with my high school sweetie. The last time I felt like that was when I had the flu this spring.

Jeremiah was kind enough to give me a D. dichotoma 'giant' large for the same amount of money I think. Thanks Jeremiah!

But you're right, I definitely learned something!

Until next year folks!

By the way, I calculated the total, it's in the other topic I just made in this section!

I lost most of everything!
I am pretty bumbed A ventrisoca,
Dana's delight and leucophylla "titan".
Too bad I wanted some dews,more sarracenia
and some other stuff. If anyone is cleaning there
CPs up and has some extras I can facilitate a good home and shipping :)

That was vague?? lol

Well, you could mean by that that it ends at 10:00 - IE 10:00 you can bid, 10:01 you can't. Or you could have meant that it ends after the hour of 10 PM, as in up to but not including 11:00. Not that it mattered for me this year.
~Joe

I lost most of everything!
I am pretty bumbed A ventrisoca,
Dana's delight and leucophylla "titan".
Too bad I wanted some dews,more sarracenia
and some other stuff. If anyone is cleaning there
CPs up and has some extras I can facilitate a good home and shipping :)

Feels awful doesn't it?

You bidded on a lot of stuff, I'm surprised you didn't get at least a few more things than that.

Back