What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meeting another CPer

NeciFiX

Kung Fu Fighting!
Hello inquisitive (or bored) one!

Tomorrow (technically today...) I am going to endo-doc's house. I messaged him on eBay like I did Chuck7935 about the NASC auctions and he invited me to his house since he lives only 18 miles away, tomorrow I will go at 12:00 - 1:00 PM.

I'm sure many of you have met up with other CPers and seen each others plants (I'm glad he didn't come to my house, all we'd have is about 10 plants on a patio to look at). Share stories here :).

~NeciFiX

I'm actually getting ready to go catch a bus to a town a couple hours away to meet up with a good buddy I made through the hobby- we're gonna hit a few of the "great lakes marl fens" and talk plants, and likely look at a bunch of plants, then next weekend I'm "hosting" (well, it'll happen at my house at least) a "meeting" of our Ontario/Canadian group- we've only had one semi-proper get-together before, but it was a rockin time.

It's funny, usually plants take up less than half of any given meet-up, so many wacky tangents arise that by the time the clock runs out we have to plan another meeting just to finish up the dozens of conversations that got started....

I would have to say that all the CP folks I've actually had the pleasure of meeting have been really fun, sweet people, and I am glad to be able to call them my friends

Hope your meet-up goes well- don't be surprised if it seems like time runs out before you even get started :D

Ah, it did!

It went well. Turns out my brother already knew his son. Quite interesting!

First we checked out his Sarracenia collection in a tub outside after we shook hands we got right to it! He had some small Sarracenia and some large Sarracenia. Very nice, and some hybrids. I was impressed by his Red Dragons large trap size and good coloration, all in all a very nice display. We went inside his large greenhouse and I saw my first Nepenthes pitchers (sad that I haven't been able to get one to pitcher yet!) and some were even flowering! He also showed me some Drosera and Pinguicula and Utricularia, and a few other non-cps as well. He let me have several plants out of generosity, like P. primuliflora (I even found a little D. spatulata under them!) , D. spatulata (two pots full of em!) D. adelae, two Nepenthes, D. campanulata and D. falconeri. Thanks Ed (Endo-Doc)!

So, it went well. The trip there was nice, they had kittens and my mom insisted on getting one so we ended up getting two and she regretted it when they were both crawling all over her in the car! Hah!

~Sam

LOL Awwwwwwww! I'm glad you took the kittens. Boy I'll bet they were cute!

Oh yeah...and the plants sound cool too. :) Actually CP people are just the best. Always kind and generous whenever possible. It sounds like a fun trip.

Back