What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NeciFiX

Kung Fu Fighting!
Join this into the other topic if you feel it appropriate. I did this for fun.

*Note: Copy and pasted off of Wordpad

Dionaea muscipula 'B52' - PlantAKiss - $1,000 mark
Nepenthes thorelii x aristolochioides cutting - phissionkorps - $2,000 mark
Two orchids - PlantAKiss - $3,000 mark

Highest bidder: NeciFiX - 12,000,000,000 (minus all the zeroes and commas)

ACTUAL Highest bidder: Sarraceniaobsessed with $175 on Instant Sarracenia Super Collection.

Average amount of money made from each auction topic: $20.43

Most Lowball Auction: CEPHALOTUS FOLLICULARIS for $25 to eplants02. (Uh oh! You guys missed this one! eplants, enjoy the Cephalotus for cheap! Lucky you! I was actually jealous when I saw this!)

Last bid: Cobalt Crow - $10 (Possibly myself as I asked Jeremiah Harris if he had another D. dichotoma 'giant' large I could get from him since the forum lagged at 9:58 and I couldn't get my post through to the auction, if so, the total would be raised an extra $11!)

Total Amount Raised: An ASTOUNDING Three Thousand Two Hundred and Twenty Seven US Dollars! ($3,227)!

Thanks for donating and bidding!

We kicked some serious butt this year! Thanks to NeciFX for calculating this out (and so quickly O_O). And of course a big pat on the back to everyone, especially those involved in the 11th hour bidding wars, for pushing the total so high :)

BTW, anyone know how this compares to the previous auction totals?

That was tons of fun!

I just averaged it all out.

20 Topics on each of the 8 pages, however, 2 were void since the author withdrew the item due to sickness to them. It would be 8 x 20 = 160 however, minus that two is 158. $3,227 divided by 158 is $20.43 per topic.

Meaning, averaged out, everybody tossed in a crisp $20 bill into the auction pot, so each auction topic was worth, on average, a crisp 20. (however, this is an average, anybody who actually got $20, you hit the average! What do you win? A big ol' hug from NeciFiX!)

There is truly a lot of beauty in this you know, even the smallest auctions helped. One auction wouldn't do much good alone, but, when we all can care and join together to donate and bid it can actually benefit us and actually strengthen our hobby through our hearts and generosity.

Thank you to everyone! Everyone, thank yourselves out loud then say your welcome! I just did. Now my mother is staring at me. Oh my, the folks in the white are here! Hello there!

Lol, anyways, we did great this year!

Back