What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TOOL

went to the TOOL concert last night. man, it was phenomenal. does anyone here listen to tool?

anyways, the whole show was just intense. the deafening guitars, drums and of course, maynard's voice, the lights, the lazer, the backdrop screen, the craziness, the crazy people who surrounded me and eventually spilled beer all over me...it was just AWESOME (geez, i cant think of any words right now aside from awesome. its too early and there's not enough beer in this world. did i say beer? i meant coffee)

ok..done rambling.

big tool fan here! i've seen them 3 or 4 times now, and every time it's been awesome! tool is one of the concerts that i go to every time they come around. this last time was definitely the loudest though!

peace,
tech...

They came thru greenville, sc earlier this month. Wanted to go, but my wife was 7 months pregnant at the time. Hopefully they'll be around again :)

mezmerize the simple minded....................................

What does that mean likeastone?

Tool is too spacey for me. I mean... too out there. I do like that one part of that one song where he goes "PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE!!!!"

I remember when Tool first came out. I bought their debut album. It was weird but it wasn't bad.

Then in 98 I saw them in concert at Ozzfest. Again they were weird but good. The singer came out in a nice suit and tie carrying a bible. Then he started taking of his clothes. It wasn't long before he was completely naked. Their whole concert was weird.

I'm really surprised that you're not into Tool, Clint. Have you ever listened to their album entitled 'Undertow?' It's not quite as progressive as some of their others - a good place to start.
I've always wanted to go to a Tool concert, but I think it would be too loud for my ears. I'm a delicate flower. :p
~Joe

I looked that up on youtube, no thanks lol. Tool is just too... "hopelessly dissociating" for me. That's the only phrase I can think of to describe them. Not a bad thing, just not for me.

I'd like to know how high they were when they made their videos.

do you remember which vid you saw?

i couldnt bear to watch their videos before either. it scared me. i didnt like the skinny clay man walking all funky. however, the guitarist, adam jones was the person who directed all of their videos. he contributed his work with the terminator 2 movie, jurassic park..blah blah...i cant remember the rest.

Prison sex, undertow and aenima.

geez, you watched all those?!?!

wow and you still didnt like the music? thats ok i guess. i mean, i dont expect everyone to like what i like. its awesome that you even checked out the band. other would just dust it off their shoulders

Sure I'll give everything a chance except for religious and country music. My real preference is anything electronic.

And of course, MANSON!

i love his work. a lot of people look at me funny when i tell them that i listen to his music. i always get, "manson? what? he's too demonic!." i just laugh at them.

i watched his dvd once and it scared the bejesus out of me.

I'm not such a big fan of the Tool videos myself... While I really like the band, I feel like there's this huge contingent of Tool fans that only seem to be interested in the band because they come up with absurdly specific interpretations of the lyrics; interpretations which just happen to have direct and extensive parallels to all of that person's own teenage angsts. Going to a very liberal liberal arts college, I've heard way too many stoned kids explain to me how Sober is about the particular flavor of emotional abuse their father inflicted upon them. These are the types of people that try to convince you Tool is a great band by recalling how loaded they got at one of their concerts. I'm more interested in the band's technical proficiency and their politics than their videos and such.
Clint, have you ever heard of Underworld? This is some of theirs:
King of Snake
Rez/Cowgirl
~Joe

YES! KING OF SNAKE IS LIKE ONE OF MY FAVORITE SONGS!!!!!

It's AWESOME! Born Slippy is so good, too. I discovered them a couple years ago; I could listen to them until I die. My only regret is that I was too young to know about them in the 90's. It's one of those bands that you just want to dance to until you drop.

Do you guys like Mindless Self Indulgence (MSI)?

Back