What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honey Bee Picture

Some pictures of some honey bees laping down some honey on some burr comb, (comb where its not supposed to be), on the inner cover and frames. They have done great ive had them for about 2.5 months.

1-
675407666_2923952d97.jpg

2-
675407558_8a6e9e055f.jpg

3-
675407510_20fecff036.jpg

Nice pics! I'm terrified of bees, so uhh....gross

Nice pics! I'm terrified of bees, so uhh....gross

HAHA! agreed!!! I don't like bees when they come messing with me. (though I've not been attacked by the africanized guys yet while working outside...) But great pictures!

sweet!(har har) are they your bees?
i love the bees! been stung by bees, hornets, and wasps...i still love em all!
Alex

How hard is it to setup and maintain honeybees?

Wish I was a bee keeper but If I get stung and am caught without meds I could die :( :censor:

uhmm, the only real problem Ive noticed , is Price, unless your handy with wood. Packages of bees can be 70 bucks plus deeps, frames, foundation, extractors, medication (if your not going organic which is hard but getting easier). It takes allot of research allot more than CP's do!

I've found this forum to be helpful
http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php

But in the long run you could make allot more than you dump into your bees! Ive really only spent probably 6 hours total this summer so far, messing with bees. Their is another CP'er at that forum, his names understudy, hes not to active here any more.

Next year I plan to donate some honey to the auctions! And pollen maybe, and maybe some comb honey!

Back