What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Longwood Gardens Tomorrow

Yesterday I suggested that we (my family) take a trip to Longwood Botanical Gardens since it's 30 minutes from my house, I've never been there, I'm thinking of getting a job there, and HELLO..I'M A PLANT NERD!

So we're going! So... those that have been there... What should I be SURE to see? I will of course be taking lots and lots of pictures to show when I get back.

Really I can't wait.. I'm hoping they have at least SOME sort of carnivorous exhibit. I mean come on.. CPs stand out so much from normal plants.

So there are pics soon to follow... provided that everything goes as scheduled. :p

You will like it.
I was there a few years ago and want to get back.
They have a good amount of Nepenthes. I thinkl I saw a few Sarrs and VFT's as well when I was there.

I shall hunt them down! I'm happy to hear that there are CPs there.

I better charge my camera batteries to full. :D

Okay.. so it turns out.. I took TOO many pics (big surprise).. and I'm not even going to post them here.. but I've uploaded them for viewing on photobucket.

Here's the LINK!

You did not mention if you liked it?

Nice pics. Makes me want to get back there soon.

Oh yeah I definitely liked it! I was rushed a bit when we got to the CPs and orchids (pretty much all the best stuff) so that was kind of annoying, but it was definitely a worthwhile trip! I would like to go back again next year or something.

Excellent pics! That cactus/succulent room is stunning.

your pic called "N rafforraja" is a maxima hybrid...probably Gentle.

There is a plant nursery boardering my property so I will be able to get a job :D

your pic called "N rafforraja" is a maxima hybrid...probably Gentle.

Ahh.. sorry.. I'm no good with IDing neps and I couldn't find the ID plate for that one. The other nep that I had pics of was N. truncata x alata. I don't remember if the tag was in that pic or not.

The most amazing thing about the cacti and succulents room was that the Century Plant was in bloom! So I feel pretty lucky to have seen that and taken pics of it.. I can't BELIEVE how tall that flower stalk was! At the time, I didn't even know that there was an agave that could even get that big! It was amazing!

Back