What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My bird is alive!

• Thread starter Ant
  • Start date

Ant

Your one and only pest!
After my pet cockatiel escape and after him being lost for a week and a half he landed on someone that didn't freack out and caught him and we didn't know for 2 weeks because we were on vacation. We are going to get him tomorrow morning. :-O

Im glad you found it. The same thing happend to one of my friends grandmas birds. It flew away at the beginning of the summer and ended up finding it 15 miles outside of town at a persons house two months later, pretty amazing.

Wow, consider yourself lucky. I hear lost pets have a very difficult time finding their way back home.

That is AWSOME. :) I'm glad you got him back. Bet he's had some adventures.

Well he is not here yet. I person that found him was at work so I will go get him in 1 hour.

it's good you've got him back.

I have a surprise for you all! It was the wrong bird!:cry: My mom and I still took the bird since they didn't know how to take care of it.

Dear "Ant"

Thank you for being willing to accept the "wrong" bird anyway. May I encourage you to join the American Cockatiel Society at http://www.acstiels.com/membership.html. We have at least one article each quarter just about pet cockatiels

I'm Diana Pederson, Vice President for Pet Cockatiel concerns!

I LOVE CPS and have to grow the inside ones in terrariums with screens on top to keep Mr. Liberty Cockatiel from eating them or trying to cultivate their soil. He fancies himself a cockatiel farmer.

My tropical parakeet flew off in the beginning of November out of it's cage.

Well, I guess you know what happened to Reggie (we named him that lol) in 2-3 weeks eh? Especially up in Wisconsin in November...

Wow, what are the chances of losing a cockatiel, only to have one be founded by someone else, only to have it to turn out to be the wrong cockatiel, in Massachusetts.

Well, the bird is alot lourder and bites you if he doesn't like what you are doing like when you try to get him back into the cage. If he will stay still I might be able to get some pics. of him to compare with the old one.

The previous owner(s) may have released it because of the bad behavior. Give it as much TLC as you can.

You can train birds out of it, you just make sure there bloughs don't work and when they bite you they don't get what they want.

Good luck, he may still come back.

My neighbor's cockatiel got loose one time and was gone for a month. Then one day he flew back to the cage and waited for my neighbor to let him in.

Try setting the cage outside where your bird might be able to spot it.

Well there is a male normal grey cocktiel in it at the moment. Well my old girl cocktiel mind him being in there or be more attracted.

She actually might be more attracted. They're pack birds(is that even the term??) so you may end up with other free cockatiels landing in your yard.

Every now and then a cockatiel will fly around the lake where I live and my neighbor's bird will signal to them so they'll end up landing in one of our yards.

If you have a second cage, set it outside with food and water in it and the door propped open.

Flock is the term.

Back