What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble sending messages via Email

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I've been trying to steer some forum friends away from corresponding through the PM's, since my forum access has been limited to the sporadic use of local libraries. My new job does allow us to use the Internet and check out our Emails but forbids us to use chatrooms, discussion forums, and the unsavory sites. Anyways, I have tried sending messages on TF through the Email option and have been getting this message back:

Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help.

Is that just a coincidence or is there a problem with sending messages via Email?

That is because they have set their email as private, or that they only want to receive email from admins. To fix that, you'll either A) have to ask them to change their settings, or B) ask them for their email address, then put all those addresses into your email address book on whatever email client you use

I realize that some people have their settings that way but for those I thought had the option and capability to use the Email feature, it failed.

You can try me and I'll tell you if it comes through.

Back