What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm Engaged!

• Thread starter cprus
  • Start date

cprus

BANNED
Hi everyone,

This morning I proposed to my girlfriend with a .26 carat platinum ring...wow set me back a bit...won't be buying much CP's for a while haha. Anyway, just got back from a BBQ style buffet where you grill your own meat and such...it was fun.

She loved the ring, almost cried too so she ran off, never the one wanting to be mushy haha.

It's been an exciting day, one of my happiest, one I'll never forget.

I hope everyone is well, I've been taking a bit of a break from CP's, still have all my plants but not really getting anything new. I'll be back though, you'll see.

Sorry to hear that :-)) ,I mean congratulations! I hope everything goes well for you!

Jerry

Nicely done. That's really exciting. Was the BBQ a celebration of the engagement? Engagement rings are a scam. I used every other paycheck for almost a year at my old maintenance job to pay off my wifes...

Enjoy the romance while it lasts, soon you'll just be an old married couple! lol, just kidding. In all seriousness, that is really special. How long had you two been together before the engagement? I suppose she's down with the CPs, then; if that's the case, she's definitely a keeper!

xvart.

Congratulations! Good to hear that you had an enjoyable day! :)

Thanks for the comments everyone. yes the BBQ was a special dinner thing I wanted to do since it's not really a place we go very often, expensive, but lots of fun. I'm in for a long engagement, which I have no problems with since we both still have our educations to complete. We are just both very commited to each other and we don't mind at all about the long enagement.

And xvart, yes she loves my plants, she thinks they're very interesting and so yes, she definately is a keeper. Although, she's not too fond of my insects...hahaha but she knows what she's getting into...with my future entomology degree and all.

Hurrah for entomology degrees!

Congrats as well!

Congratulations - and may all your rows be little ones :)

A tip..... the secret to a long and happy marriage is to alway let the woman win an argument ... but then I would say that !!

Julie

Congratulations!

Geez. How'd I miss this? Congratulations! It sounds like a really special day. I hope the magic lasts forever. Honesty and respect will carry you a long ways.

Wooooooooohoooooooooo for you and your fiance! :D

wow set me back a bit...won't be buying much CP's for a while haha

lol, I know how you feel ... 4 years of married life later and I'm still paying mine off :)

lol Someone should ask me to marry them. I'm cheap...I don't care about all that stuff. hehe Although I'd love to have a nice diamond as a mineral specimen, I couldn't imagine putting that kind of money into a ring...and all the other wedding hoopla.

lol Someone should ask me to marry them. I'm cheap...I don't care about all that stuff. hehe Although I'd love to have a nice diamond as a mineral specimen, I couldn't imagine putting that kind of money into a ring...and all the other wedding hoopla.

The wedding, I can understand about .. we had a really nice wedding, but it wasn't something I had to pay for, lol :)

The ring, I think is worth going big on because it will actually be around your entire marriage. The wedding is just a single day that remains in your memory and in your $1000 photo album, lol.

I didn't go insane on the ring, but considering my income at the time I guess it was a little crazy.. 6 more months of payments and I own it! :)
Now her wedding band, I think I may have done too much (she wanted the pretty one with diamonds in it, of course, lol).
ring.jpg

Its gorgeous! No doubt about it diamond rings are very beautiful. :) You have a beautifully faceted stone to carry around with you all the time. But...I could never ask/expect anyone to spend that kind of money on me (especially over a year or more). A memorable moment will last as long as a ring. I know I'm in the minority on that. I watched a coworker eat, sleep, breathe and STRESS "wedding" for over a year. I could not believe all of it--bridesmaids stuff, tuxes, caterers, DJs, picking music, who sits with whom, renting halls, hiring a minister, selecting vows, decorations, flowers...it was endless. Later she said she regretted it. lol But...to each his and her own. If you enjoy all that stuff...that's great. The joining of two hearts is always something to celebrate, no matter how you choose to do it. :) So I'm happy for Cprus. :woot:

Nice ring, I was lucky to find a girl who likes simple, small diamonds. So I just picked out the best princess cut diamond I could find within my range and there it is. It actually isn't so bad now that see your 3 diamond set...yikes, that's a whole lot of CP's right there...:-( I'd say it's a good price to pay though.

Thanks everyone.

Back