What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do you live?

• Thread starter NeciFiX
  • Start date
what if we dont have natural beauty where we live because all of it was plowed up to make way for corn? Can i show a stand of siberian elm growin against a trailer house instead?

yea, allot of where I live is plowed away too.

what if we dont have natural beauty where we live because all of it was plowed up to make way for corn? Can i show a stand of siberian elm growin against a trailer house instead?

Corn? Wow... Sure! Anything is good!

Here are some more pic's of Kansas. This pasture is about 15 miles south of the town I live in.

084.jpg

088.jpg

this is blue shale, you can find sharks teeth and other fossils
096.jpg

125.jpg

123.jpg

109.jpg

129.jpg

110.jpg

On these rock faces are carvings from people dating from the 1800's to today. Around 15 years ago, a couple of kids found an indian cave with pottery and what not in it.

Then in the winter time after a nice fresh snow storm, my banana headed friends and I go sledding out there. One good time!

Then in the winter time after a nice fresh snow storm, my banana headed friends and I go sledding out there. One good time!

It is an EXCELLENT time! Nothing like extreme sledding!!!!! Just watch out for the yuccas and drop offs :)

Victoria

You have yucca and hills in Kansas?
The excitement factor of Kansas just rose from a 0.01 to a 0.1 :D

heck we've got yucca all the way up here......cactus aswell.......a few buzztails and horn toads too :grin:

What about where we WANT to live?

NY City?

Ill have some pictures up on Friday-ish

The Mountains of NC. Ahh the beauty. I took these pics about 10 miles from my house from an overlook.

223502468O455559769.jpg

223502472O132043421.jpg

My house is a dump so I didn't take any pictures of that, but Gizmo and I decided to take a walk 2 or 3 blocks around the campus I graduated from and now work at, Northern Illinois University.

Here they are.
The first building built on campus, Altgeld Hall.
NIUAltgeld1.JPG

NIUAltgeld2.JPG
NIUAltgeld3.JPG

Gizmo posing on some art thingey and the Kish River next to the art building...
NIUGizmo3.JPG
NIUKish.JPG

Gilbert Hall, an abandoned dorm which we will be renovating back in about 8 years or some ridiculous time like that.
NIUGilbert.JPG

The kissing bench you're suppose to kiss at, have yet to do that....
NIUKissing.JPG

The science building.... OF DOOM! ... or rocks, I think they study rocks here.
NIUScience.JPG

NIUScience2.JPG
NIUScience3.JPG

Nate

i love how the first hall is named "old money"....because thats probably what paid for it.
The irony is killin me inside

I don't think it looks THAT bad JLAP... a little boring though. The last pic in my first post I just drove by today.

It's not the scenery that's bad, its the people :)

When I visited New Mexico I really noticed how beautiful the North was... I was regretting it! I have a forest in my backyard that stretches 30 miles or so. Light shines through the trees and it's really cool.

Moved 6 times in Hawaii so I had no friends then currently and pernimately Coquille Oregon by Coos Bay. I'm like 2 hours from darlington but my parents will never have that much time to take me :(

I live on the tropical east coast of Australia not far from rainforests,beaches and mountains.

Fort Lauderdale

Just a few photos from my place...some old...some new.

An early morning shot of a tanker on the edge of the Gulfstream
a.jpg

A storm moving in.
b.jpg

A calm afternoon at the beach
d.jpg

Manatees enjoying the beach.
e.jpg

A mated pair of Perigrine falcons taking a siesta. They had a chick last year.
f.jpg

A pair of tower cranes at sunset.
g.jpg

Back