What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How would I have explained this.

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
Where I work is like a small city. There are so many different buildings, I rarely work in the same place. Last week I worked in an office building. Tuesday was the first time I ever stepped foot inside this building. While working I noticed that the bathrooms were down a short hallway.

Time came that I had to go, so I turned down this hallway. I noticed that the door at the end of the hall had a sign that said "Womans". It had the universal pic of the silhouette of a person with a dress. So I did what almost any man would do I headed for the other door that was too my left. I'm sure most people would do what I was about to do, assume that the other door was the opposite bathroom as the one you saw a few feet away.

I headed straight for the door without much concern. With my hands on the door I was almost at the point of pushing the door open, when the sign on the door caught my eye. Good thing it was right in my face or I probably would not have even read it. The sign on the door said "Lactation Room".

I was less than a split second from pushing the door open. There was probably nobody in the room and thankfully I didn't find out.

The Mens bathroom wasn't even in that hallway.

:nono:

I find you can usually get away without being slapped if you can shriek louder in shock upon entrance.

Nate

Yikes! Hope you uh... made it. Yes, I hate it when they put the Women's bathroom in one place then the men's bathroom at the other side of the building. It's like that at my theatre. Lactation room? Well, good thing there was a sign, I would've expected you to be beaten with a purse. Still, I've never seen a "lactation room" in a public building in my life, and I've seen condom dispensers inside the men's bathroom at a truck stop in New Mexico (I've never seen 'em in the North!)

Ah, how crazy Architects nowadays are. :)

There are condom dispensers in almost every gas station bathroom here in GA. I will never forget the time someone had written (in sharpie) "The gum tastes like rubber".

-neal

That is very true. I think every bathroom in Atlanta has a condom machine.

I don't know what the problem is. Since the "Lactation Room" did not have a sign specifying a particular gender, I'm sure it would have been fine for you to use it too. :-)) :rolleyes:

Back