What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Democratic debate

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Did you guys catch the debate last night? What did you think of it?

I really enjoyed the youtube aspect, I thought it was great! I can't wait to see if John Stewart or Stephen Colbert makes fun of it tonight!

The more I see them debate, the less I like any of them. I reckon Gore will come charging in like the calvalry in some John Wayne movie before long.

Ralph Nader in 08?:-D

I didn't (couldn't) watch, but I think the only worthwhile Democrats in the race are Bill Richardson (NM) and Dennis Kucinich (OH). As real alternatives to the corporate-approved candidates, they can hardly raise a nickel. Because of that, they're essentially invisible as the media does its usual horse race coverage between the candidates who've raised the most money.

I missed the debate as well. I hope to catch it on reruns. I liked the format too because the questions came from regular people who usually don't mince words.

I missed it, but while we're on the topic of candidates, it's high time for an independent to sweep the race. Neither the democrats or republicans are doing any good 'cause all they ever do is fight amongst themselves. As enjoyable as it is to watch the mudslinging, it is irrelevant and does the general public no good. We need a real president and we haven't had one for some time. Dare I say Clinton probably did the best of our last four from what research I've done. I did enjoy the small movement to switch to the metrics from Carter though. LOL I wouldn't mind it, but it'd be impossible.

Amen, metric system rules. I don't even know our system! We need a president who will lead the country into much better economic conditions. Yes, GDP is up right now, but the problem is it is all due to consumer spending. At the current rate our trade deficit is hawking off 1%+ of the country's net worth per year.:0o: I would vote for a reform party candidate if they were still around...

Kucinich is my preference, but I don't think he has a snowball's chance in hell against Clinton or Obama. Clinton always tries to steer away from gay marriage and she just says she supports civil unions, while Obama flat out says he doesn't think it's right, but he supports civil unions anyway.

I'm waiting for someone to mention Separate but Equal and see what Obama says about that.

I caught some of the Daily show last night and they were, of course, making fun of the format. Jon Stewart was talking about how the questions were answered so much more spontaneously through the youtube format and it was great to see a different side of the candidates (sarcastically, of course).

The best example was of Chris Dodd when he was talking to the lesbian couple and he said during the youtube debate: "I'd simply ask the audience to ask themselves the question that Jackie and I have asked: How would I want my two daughters treated if they grew up and had a different sexual orientation than their parents?"

Then Stewart showed a clip from the "stone age boring" format from the debate a month ago where he said something along the lines of: "How would my daughters be treated if they grew and had a different sexual orientation that their mother or I?"

How spontaneous! What uncanned responses!

xvart.

Back