What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Thank You" / "Green" membership

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Purchase your Thank You membership from Venus Fly Traps and other Carnivorous plants For Sale at FlyTrapShop! The benefits are listed below (but subject to change at any time if need be. Hasn't been done before except to add features, but just in case.).

-Your name in green
- No targeted advertising
-175 MB (183500800 bytes) of upload space where you can upload pictures directly to topics rather than needing to use other hosting services.(That's about 1400 images) You can post up to 20 of these in a single post.
-Quicker refresh rate on the chatbox. Currently registered users get a refresh rate of 20 seconds, but subscribers of this group get a refresh rate of 15 seconds.
-Can PM other thank you members on the chatbox to hold a private chat.
-Open and Close your own threads all over the forums (do NOT open your topic if a mod closes it for moderation reasons. Doing so you will lose your "Thank you" membership immediately.)
-Can store 300 PMs (instead of 75)
-Can view and seach chatbox archives
- Can participate in the Thank You members only trading forum

Remember to PM me (adnedarn) with your full name so I know that you have an account here to link the Thank You membership to.

HOW TO POST PICTURES USING THIS UPLOAD SPACE:

1) Write your post
2) Scroll down PAST the submit button and you'll see "Manage attachments"
3) Click "manage attachments"
4) Click "browse" and browse to the location on your computer where the file is and click on the file you want to upload
5) Click "open"
6) If you want to add more photos click "browse" and repeat steps 4 and 5 above. (you can upload 3 at a time)
7) Click "upload"
--If you want to upload more (I think you can upload 20 to a single post right now) you can repeat steps 4-7

HOW TO CLOSE YOUR TOPIC

1) Go into the topic you want to close
2) Post a reply stating the topic is closed
3) Go to the top of the post and in the green bar you'll see "Thread Tools" click that and in the drop down select "close thread" then click "perform action"

HOW TO PRIVATE CHAT IN THE SHOUTBOX

1) Click the down arrow by the person's name and select "Send a private chat to *username*"
2) Enter your message and click "Save"
3) For each extra message you want to send privately, you MUST type /pm before your message in the normal shout imput box. If you do not, your message will be public.

What happens when your membership expires?
-Your name goes back to gray
-You can no longer upload pictures and your current pictures are subject to deletion, but likely won't be done any time soon, pending space and such.
-Your chatbox refresh rate goes back to 20 seconds
-You can no longer open or close your own topics
-You will lose your extra PM storage. You don't lose PMs in your box, but your box is instantly full until you delete some out or renew your membership

Last edited:
Woot. :p I need to try out the upload space thing. Would come in handy for sure!

By the way, the flytraps I bought I doing great! :)

Glad to hear it EST! I'm ashamed to admit that I forgot to add PlantAKiss to the list!! But she didn't PM me like she was supposed to either :D

So that's it! I was trying to figure out what the green people where. :scratch:
Knowledge is power. 8)

get some neps I don't have or a form I don't have so I can buy something from you :D

I'm working on it!!! I've recently added some pings and sarrs... I've also got my stuff listed on google base now. Remember though, if I do get more neps, they will always be lowlanders. Those don't seem to be as popular.

Andrew, I'm upset, my name isn't green. >:- (

- It was a joke, don't un-mod me. :p -

mods can be green or blue.. i figure they'd rather be blue than green? dunno lol

I actually like the blue. Looks close to the "member blue." Nobody knows I'm a mod so I don't get complaints. :-))

But now we know don't we? :jester:

-J.P.

p.s. Andrew? (if he has proved himself worthy to call him by his first name) Thinking about adding some N. "Miranda" into the sales section of your website?:angel:

Why wouldn't lowlanders be popular? I love all neps (except ventricosa). Maybe you could get some sweet hybrids...especially bical hybrids :p

::cough cough:: merrilliana ::cough cough::

est, your monitor must be WAY off.. members are like a gray color... quite different than the mod blue.

EdaxFlamma, If I'm worthy of being called by my first name? ...that's an odd statement. lol actually, I will be taking cuttings of my N. x 'Miranda' soon. But right now I just have the one monster that is taking over the top half of the front of my green house!!

phission- I don't know. The times I've tried to find lowlanders for myself here no one really seemed to have any. I guess that doesn't mean not popular.. it just seems you hear more about the highlanders / intermediate than lowland... to me anyway.

Well CRUD, they look pretty darn similar if you used the default layout like I do. None of that fancy-schmancy green stuff. :p

it just seems you hear more about the highlanders / intermediate than lowland... to me anyway.

Not if you live in the nep forum like I do :D.

Try to get a huge batch of seed. Sooo much easier and more rewarding. Plus, its so much easier to import, and seed grown plants are worth more

Actually, I tried nep seeds twice. Once about 5 years ago, and once 6 months ago. No luck with either.

It's because, and let's face it, highlanders are just better. Sure there are some awesome lowlanders like N. bicalcarata and N. northiana and N. clipeata , but look at the highlanders... N. hamata, N. villosa, N. aristolochioides, N. klossii and N. edwardsiana (unobtainable though they may be), N. argentii... the list goes on.

says a guy that JUST got rid of his lowland grow area ;-)

Nah, it's still too warm at night during the summer to grow any of the good stuff.

One day when I'm a rich doctor I'll buy myself a chiller and have a 180 gallon terrarium with nothing BUT N. villosa.

Hmm...perhaps we should have a discussion about seed growing elsewhere. I think the Sticky in the nep forum is lacking in some very important info...and I also don't agree with the use of sphag for seeds because of a variety of potential problems, or the bottom heating unless they're lowlanders in winter.

One day when I'm a rich doctor I'll buy myself a chiller and have a 180 gallon terrarium with nothing BUT N. villosa.
I'm so going to beat you to it...I'll be out of med school when you're graduating college :-))

Back