What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Places to visit in San Francisco?

• Thread starter wmgorum
  • Start date
Hey All,

My partner and I are I'm headed to San Francisco for a conference, but we're going to be vacationing a few days. Any places to visit to see CP's other than that place in Sebastopol that I'm planning on visiting? ;-)

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Will

edit: Whoops, just realized you were asking about CP locations... Anyways, below is what I wrote that is apparently irrelevant. Bad xvart. :nono:

As a longtime Grateful Dead fan, I would recommend visiting the house where the Grateful Dead got together. I've never been, and I didn't have time while down there earlier in the summer; but, if you are at all interested in 60's culture of music it would be a place I recommend. You can't go inside, but I guarantee you'll run into some people outside that can give you tons of lore.

xvart.

When you going Will?

I'm doing the same thing in October. I plan on making a visit to California Carnivores when I head out there, it's pretty close to the area.

Nate

Let me know when you get here so I can meet you in person.I'll give you the Grand tour of Calif Carnivores, maybe even show you my growing area.
I second the motion on "Chomp" if you go to see Chomp, notice who is listed second on the list of benfactors even before Barry Rice.LOL
Berkeley Botanical garden has a small but handsome display of carnivorous plants.
Lois

Hi Lois!

I'm heading to SF on July 29th (this Sunday) and will be at CC on Monday, July 30. The entire point of my rental car is to head to CC. :) We're flying in on Sunday, and my partner is flying out on the 6th. I won't be leaving until the 9th.

Back