What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

God's word

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's awfully pretentious of you to say that someone here does or does not know God. I don't believe that is your place to decide, Outsiders.

Post all of the Bible versus you'd like. You're the last thing my lifestyle and I have to be threatened of :-)) The reason I detest it when people quote the bible instead of writing original thoughts is because it's the equivalent of saying "Just because."

You're applauded, sir. As much as I do not detest the usage of quotes (bible or otherwise), I do, however, wish people would sometimes be a little more original with the delivery of their message. A quote cannot win an argument—unless that argument is about what someone said and not the meaning behind what they said. Meaning and message are almost always relative when dealing with words on paper. I am also not hinting towards or attacking anyone who posted quotes on here. It's just an "in general" thought that I happen to agree with.

Thialand are having a spertists movement which is where their violence stems from.
Never seen a separatist movement use suicide bombs, but then again, these guys are Muslims.

Afghanistan I wonder who messed that country up caused problems that lead to such violence
Russia.

Pakistan is where all the people we kicked out of Afghanistan went.
And thats our fault for not taking care of them when we had the chance, be it by imprisonment, or any other means necessary.

And Iraq all I have to say is how many attacks like that happened before March 20, 2003? I think we all know whos fault the violence in Iraq is.
Probably none, because I'm sure Saddam would've had that person's extended family slaughtered.

Serbian Christians massacred Bosian Muslims so we have to hate all christians now too as they are animals
I'm not even going to get into the Serbs. http://www.srpska-mreza.com/library/facts/Chele-kula.html

Yeah you can go on saying that every group of people does bad things (true...except maye buddhist monks), but that is your usual style of argument here. All you're doing is shifting the blame and trying, yet failing miserably, to make muslims look good. In the past month alone muslim "extremists" have killed well over 2000 people. The number of Christians, Jews, Hindus, COMBINED that have killed "in the name of god" in the past month most probably isn't anywhere near that.
Muslims are weak cowards, who need to believe that IF there was a god...he materialized himself to a polygamist child molester, in a cave, in the middle of nowhere, in the 6th century. The matter is actually laughable. Muslims fighters will never stand toe to toe, and will never be able to be reasoned with. They will continue to believe the pure ignorance and idiocy that has poisoned their minds into believing they are doing "god's will", and that a lack of respect for human life is a good thing.

It's awfully pretentious of you to say that someone here does or does not know God. I don't believe that is your place to decide, Outsiders.

Is it really when people claim to be agnostic, atheist or make claims that Christians are trying to take over?

Post all of the Bible versus you'd like. You're the last thing my lifestyle and I have to be threatened of :-)) The reason I detest it when people quote the bible instead of writing original thoughts is because it's the equivalent of saying "Just because."

Sorry you felt attacked...and it's more than "just because".

Hrmmm... I disagree on that but arguing about it won't get us anywhere because we have two entirely different views on the Bible, and that's OK.

Wow, this was a joke that went into this. A religious debate, sheesh, calm down.

It's OK for a topic to turn into something different like this, Neci. We really aren't off topic at all.

Never seen a separatist movement use suicide bombs, but then again, these guys are Muslims.

Russia.

And thats our fault for not taking care of them when we had the chance, be it by imprisonment, or any other means necessary.

Probably none, because I'm sure Saddam would've had that person's extended family slaughtered.

I'm not even going to get into the Serbs. http://www.srpska-mreza.com/library/facts/Chele-kula.html

Yeah you can go on saying that every group of people does bad things (true...except maye buddhist monks), but that is your usual style of argument here. All you're doing is shifting the blame and trying, yet failing miserably, to make muslims look good. In the past month alone muslim "extremists" have kill well over 2000 people. The number of Christians, Jews, Hindus, COMBINED that have killed "in the name of god" in the past month most probably isn't anywhere near that.
Muslims are weak cowards, who need to believe that IF there was a god...he materialized himself to a polygamist child molester, in a cave, in the middle of nowhere, in the 6th century. The matter is actually laughable. Muslims fighters will never stand toe to toe, and will never be able to be reasoned with. They will continue to believe the pure ignorance and idiocy that has poisoned their minds into believing they are doing "god's will", and that a lack of respect for human life is a good thing.

Truely you are a sad sad individual if you would convict all for the actions of a few. It saddens me that even though 99.9% of muslims despise the actions taken by the exteremists that you would call them all a list of derogitory names honestly you have to be one of the most narrow minded people ever that you will not realize that you have a few thousand bad people in 1.3 billion people. Trust me if you take any 1.3 billion people you will find plenty of murders and other violent people regaurdless of their relgion. You are attributing the violent acts to the religion instead of the individual. I truely hope some day you will learn to have an open mind towards people who are differnt than you and be will to learn from them as well as help to teach them about you. This however is the last thing I will say as you are too close minded to even listen to what I have to say and instead just want to lauch your attacks on Muslims because you dont understand them. Infact I am willing to wager that you do not even know a single Muslim.

Wow, draw a cartoon while you're at it.

I think that lots of people notice the same things, but they don't say anything at the risk of being branded a racist (when in actuality, it's not a race-bias at all but a religious-bias.) There seems to be an idea that "The last thing you want to do is piss off a Muslim!", but it just goes unspoken.

Of course these aren't my personal views but I have noticed it in people. I love Muslims and people take all of the bad stuff in the Koran out of context. I believe all of the "doom doom doom! Death death swords and death!" is metaphorical. Not that I've ever actually READ it, just a few articles on it. All of the "spread the word by sword!
" (or whatever it is) could be the "sword" of your words. I think I tried to read it once, but got really bored and put it down.

BTW, I could understand you fine Ktulu. Those were typo's of passion!

"The last thing you want to do is piss off a Muslim!",
Because they are the only people that will kill you for not respecting them and/or disagreeing with anything they say/think.
My days are probably numbered now because of this thread.

Let's remember to keep it civil. Keep in mind that while everyone is entitled to his or her opinion this is a public forum and many times a second glance over what you write can make the world of difference between a good debate/discussion and hateful speech. Let's make sure it's the former and not the latter.

To continue the discussion, it isn't fair to lump everyone into one category, regardless of how large the minority or majority population is. It should also be noted (for you analogy buffs) that Islamic Extremists is to the Muslim religion like the KKK is to Christianity.

xvart.

Because they are the only people that will kill you for not respecting them and/or disagreeing with anything they say/think.
I don’t want to step into this really, but im afraid that assumption is not remotely correct. There are lost of gurilla groups in places like Democratic Republic of the Congo (Most ironic name on earth) that can be worse than terrorists, and remember, not all terrorists are Muslim just like not all Muslims are terrorists. And don’t forget stuff like the Rwandan Genocide,too. And I rarely hear abortion clinic bombing incidents ever referred to as terrorism, even though that exactly what it is.

My days are probably numbered now because of this thread.

Has everyone forgotten about the Danish cartoon of Muhammad with a bomb on his head and the out roar that occurred after it? The U.S. media wouldn't even comment on the situation let alone reprint the cartoon. I believe Comedy Central also refused to show a South Park episode with Muhammad in it. No one will ever portray or make a parody of Muhammad like they do to Jesus Christ or God here in America due to the fear of being retaliated against. Phissionkorps is making a pretty valid point here. Obviously not everyone of Islamic faith is an extremist terrorist, however the extremists have hijacked their religion and are giving the rest a bad name. I also agree with Phission that there hasn't been enough condemnation from the rest of the Muslim community on the actions of the extremist terrorists and it is only a wonder on how far deep the grasps of the extremists really are. There needs to be more isolation of the Islamic extremists from the rest of the Islamic faith.

hasn't been enough condemnation from the rest of the Muslim community on the actions of the extremist

And how much condemnation do you feel is adequate? Just curious

And, also, i think there hasnt been enough condemnation for comments here such as
Muslims are weak cowards

If you can overlook that hate without a peep, i think what goes around comes around, in respects that we dont condemn extreme viewpoints that happen to be in the same religion as our own, Muslim and Christian BOTH. It allows many of us to overlook some things in our own groups that in other groups we would find to be unacceptable. Its a all too human tendency, and its not fair to judge those people on not condemning extremist hate when you wont do it yourself.

First of all, I'm not a Christian.
Second, that post is like all your others, abrasive, indicating that your views are the only right ones, and slightly off topic. I don't think I've ever heard a rational or valid argument from you Finch. And while we're on topic, I don't think I've ever seen a CP related comment from you either, but that's a different story.

The only thing I hate is how you can't speak out against a group without being labeled a racist/bigot/hatemonger/etc, when the reasons you're speaking out against the group is 110% their fault! It's ridiculous that it's ok for them to publicly preach genocide, but when I say they are cowards you want to tell me that I'M hateful? You're disgusting. Especially if you think there is something noble about blowing yourself up at the expense of the lives of innocent, non-military targets, including women and children.

Am I a hatemonger because I'm informed and you're not? That's the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time. Have I once advocating killing Muslims, or saying they should all be forced to pay non-Muslims taxes and/or be forced to function as subordinate members of society? Absolutely NOT. Those views are extreme, and guess who believes them? (except enacted on a different people)

I think everyone needs to take a step back and breathe. Since this thread has deteriorated off the somewhat relevant path it was on it shall be locked. All personal differences and grievances should be done so respectfully and resolved outside this public thread.

xvart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back