What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Political Speech on Public Property

Free speech. I'm for it.

Dayam! So I could do that on a highway? LOL.

Dayam! So I could do that on a highway? LOL.

YES, and you should.

This is a matter of just because you can, doesn't mean you should. I didn't think anything this guy did was anything bad (though, I don't want ANYTHING hanging from my roadsigns, whether I agree or not) but remember not to be an idiot. lol Use common sense and it's all good. EG, some public forums are more appropriate than others. Good idea: Posting a sign by a public road on a public land. Bad idea: Interrupting the flow of traffic, endangering drivers so that you can put up a sign or try to get a point across. Nobody likes war, but nobody likes an egg-head making their drive more dangerous.

Yay for free spe- :black bag appears from behind seat:

I don't see what's so cool about this? If anything, he was hanging the signs on the wrong side of the street because they were all pointed away from oncoming traffic so you would only see the signs in your rear view mirror or from across the highway (obviously on the bigger ones it wouldn't matter).

I don't see how this necessarily makes driving more dangerous because a signs a sign. I really think I'm missing something here.

xvart.

It made for a great youtube video, but I doubt very many people read the signs at highway speed. The lettering on highway signs is unbelievably large.

I don't see how this necessarily makes driving more dangerous because a signs a sign. I really think I'm missing something here.

I didn't mean to insinuate that this particular guy is a problem. Just thinking out loud that anybody else who does this sort of thing should keep in mind that there's a line between free speech and being a hazard.

And if nothing else, I agree with you guys that freedom of speech has more effective venues. :-\

Yeah, I see your point, Est. I agree that there are more proper venues for such expression, and often times other venues are much more effective.

xvart.

Back